NEW!!!! Kala Waterman Plastic Ukulele

Plastic. It's inspired from the old Islanders by Maccaferri. Kala wanted to make a go anywhere ukulele that was durable and environment resistant. Its supposed to come with a drawstring type gig bag and Aquila strings as standard.

I'm surprised that nobody has made a plastic copy of an Islander that sounded as good at a $50 price point. The Woody was half that but missed the mark as far as I'm concerned. my Macc Islander is a pretty good sounding/playing uke for plastic.

Last edited:
Oooo! Does that mean I could keep it in my car - hot or cold? I might need one of those! :drool:

Any updates on these? Will they be available by Christmastime?

Distributor said they should start shipping mid march. Anything listed before that would be pre-order.
Wish someone would put up a clear recording.
I want a plastic for backpacking, and so far this seems the most promising.

I need a big brother for my TVPal

The swirl looks awesome can't wait to get one

Any idea when the Waterman ukes will be available?

Any idea when the Waterman ukes will be available?

soon. You can pre-order from Uke Republic and other vendors, last time I saw a facebook update from Kala.

It seems the waterman is living up to it's name.
Kala says that the release is delayed because the ukes are stuck on the boats.
The West Coast Port negotiations back logged alot of imports, including the watermans.

Good one :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for these and the Digitech Trio.. .probably in the same Boat! ;)

It seems the waterman is living up to it's name.
Kala says that the release is delayed because the ukes are stuck on the boats.
The West Coast Port negotiations back logged alot of imports, including the watermans.

Any news at all, I saw on YouTube that these would be available in march. So are there any members that bought this Kala Waterman and could give a quick review. I like the idea of a plastic one, summer is coming up.

Just wanted to update. The Watermans landed at Kala and are in route to Uke Republic. we have them listed and will start shipping next week. The Clear is available now.

Top Bottom