Season 136 The "Nifty Fifties"

You people have caught the 50's bug and Im so glad to see you all having a good time with me. This sock hop is the bomb! :D Just a reminder about the playlists.

:rulez:

"Winners will be chosen by the raffle ball cage from each playlist, plus there will be bonus winners."

That means if you want in the cage 3+ times you'll want to add to each playlist! There have been so many great entries and so much involvement that I will be adding more prizes!!!

Thanks Kids. I love the way you all shake rattle and roll. :music:

Step right up folks. Watch the cage go round and round. Who will it be?... Yes Sir, I said who will it be?

Last edited:
I've got to get an Elvis tune and a Holly (or others) tune done to get on the other playlists. We've got through Saturday and Sunday right?

I've always loved this simple little Elvis song which he sings at the end of the 1957 film Jailhouse Rock

Couldn't resist jumping on the Elvis 'Don't' bandwagon ............blips and slips apply but I don't mind 'cos I'm warbling along to my Idol.

Last edited:
Another one Brian pointed out to me, I might have done this one before, I know I at least tried to record it before ;).
This seemed to have been written in 1960 but people say that was part of the 50's so here this is. It was also later covered by U2.

SOTU 136 - Love Me Tender (Bonus List)

UUUGH. If Elvis isn't rolling in his grave over this this...he ain't dead. Sorry to double up but wanted to get something on the Elvis list and it was the only one that wasn't attracting wild animals to my porch.

Just a kind of choppy one'er for me this week. Way busy with starting a new uke club for a senior center with a friend of mine. Also practice meetings and just reg practice for up coming Saturday performance with the Reston group NVUS. Sorry I'm missing everything here! I also deleted my Wondershare editor (frustration to the max)!! Just did this one in the simple Moviemaker.
I'm singing harmony, you sing the melody :)

Top Bottom