Reunion Blues Continental Tenor Ukulele Case versus Access Stage 3 HB Gigbag

This thread, like the many before it on these specific cases, mono and RBC, always seems to boil down to the same thing: does the buyer want a soft gig bag, or a soft case. Bag v. Case. It's as simple as that.

Example. Going to fly with it. And might have to check it, then RBC (although some do it with a Mono).

Putting it in the back seat to take to the church uke group, Mono ( although some do it with an RBC).

Step on it? RBC. Store it in a condo master bedroom closet shelf? Mono.

And on and on.

Last edited:
Got the mono today, picked up from a local music shop that price matched the lowest price I found online!

This is a lot of bag! I couldn't imagine wanting or needing any more bulk or protection. My mainland concerts fit very snug end to end, and the strap lock works really well. I'm happy with the amount of room in the outer pocket, I've got my wire cutter with peg turner, extra strings, wipe cloth, tuner all fitting in nicely without adding any bulge. Have my little humidifier nestled between the outer wall and base of neck strap. Absolutely zero movement inside, strap fits very well. Extremely pleased with the quality, very light, not bulky looking, very sleek, yay!

I don't have the RB for ukes, but I once had the RB for acoustic guitar. It's heavier, much bulkier and offers more protection than Mono, but yet the company itself says it's not a substitute for a flight case. So for me, it's more protection than you need on a daily basis and less than you need for check-in when flying. Hence, it's a no to RB.

I don't have the RB for ukes, but I once had the RB for acoustic guitar. It's heavier, much bulkier and offers more protection than Mono, but yet the company itself says it's not a substitute for a flight case. So for me, it's more protection than you need on a daily basis and less than you need for check-in when flying. Hence, it's a no to RB.
And yet there are online videos of the RB being thrown off a three-story building and spraying it with a garden hose. No kidding!

(RB says that for liability reasons...we're not liable when the flight monkeys find a way to destroy the indestructible)

Got the mono today, picked up from a local music shop that price matched the lowest price I found online!

This is a lot of bag! I couldn't imagine wanting or needing any more bulk or protection. My mainland concerts fit very snug end to end, and the strap lock works really well. I'm happy with the amount of room in the outer pocket, I've got my wire cutter with peg turner, extra strings, wipe cloth, tuner all fitting in nicely without adding any bulge. Have my little humidifier nestled between the outer wall and base of neck strap. Absolutely zero movement inside, strap fits very well. Extremely pleased with the quality, very light, not bulky looking, very sleek, yay!

Sweet! My Ohana tenor swam in the Reunion Blues Continental so I'm LOVING this one. The Mono fits my Pono as well!
Mono Ohana.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom