Bose Stereo?

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
Anybody got a Bose Stereo/CD player? If so, do you like it? Not? What's good? Bad? I need a new CD player. Mine, like me, is old and starting to have problems with it's innards. :eek:ld:

I have a Bose wave radio/cd and LOVE it. The sound is fantastic!! I have Bose speakers for my stereo and they are also fantastic.

I had the Bose Lifestyle 5 system a few years back and honestly the CD player portion was troublesome. I had to take it in twice for service because the laser would track correctly. It eventually malfunctioned again and I sold it as-is at my garage sale.

Since the mid-seventies, I've bought their speakers (901, 501), SoundDock and their Quiet Comfort headphones. I consider them more of a speaker company than a electronics company. My friend has the sound wave and likes it. You are paying for the name.

Good luck with your decision

I can't say much about their wave radio but bose has been more about "style" than good technology. I owned some of their fany speakers in college which I gladly got rid of and also looked into their subwoofer/satellite systems which were also underwhelming compared to far cheaper options. You may want to check some place like avforums or something to see what they suggest.

Well, thanks to all who commented about the Bose. The price scared me away. I got a Panasonic DVD/CD player that sounds great. Almost all of my electronic stuff is Panasonic, and I've gotten good performance from it--no complaints. :eek:ld:

I used to sell Bose stereos when I sold electronics at Montgomery Wards in the late 80's/early 90's. I have the Lifestyle system and several powered speakers that I earned as commission bonuses. The CD player at that time was made by Sony, not Bose. My display lights on the CD player went out within a few years. The speakers are still going strong and I use them to this day.

Well, all, as I said before, I got a DVD/CD player, and ,while it plays well, it's kinda difficult to use. It's supposed to indicate what it's doing on the TV screen, but I don't have a TV in my music room. I should have examined the box or directions better. I'm thinking now that maybe I should have got my old one fixed. Well, live and learn.

Maybe my new one will break, and I'll be able get a better one. :eek:ld:

I have a Bose Wave radio/cd. It is good and sounds much bigger than it is. 13 years old and no problem. So I got their bigger box system. Also good.

Only drawback is that Bose knows best. There is absolutely no way to adjust the sound to suit room or hearing. Frustrating for me as I'm a compulsive fiddler. Saves me from myself, I guess.

Top Bottom