Build your own kit

Nice! Is it already finished or is it bare wood?

It's a low-price project aimed at people who don't have loads of tools or equipment. I'm all for it.

There will still be people like me that prefer not to DIY.

Doesn't sound too bad. Too bad they did all the fun building steps for you already

Wow! krabbers got licks........nice demo. Thanks

dont think it would have sold so well if had been called "GLUE THE NECK ON THE BODY"
just a bit of fun plays ok like a cheap boxwood uke. no biggie

Great another big corporation jumping on the ukulele bandwagon.
I really wouldnt give it the time of day Mike
it was a gift, to me and Caroline from her daughter it was fun to put together nothing more
I know what i would choose to play any day of the week
IMG_8943[1].jpg

Nice! Is it already finished or is it bare wood?
its bare wood they say its fun to decorate im gonna leave it , I wouldnt want to upset any uke painters,

me steal no thunder

just having fun in a sad world

Last edited:
I thought I had posted here Mike but it didn't load. Well done and shame on the rest of you for nipping at his heels. Everyone has to start somewhere and this was an honest attempt to show it. This is not the way to encourage a true amateur who is having a go!

Anything that gets more folks playing is a good idea in my book.

For those that might want more of a 'raw' building experience, with assembly from a box of precisely measured and pre-cut parts, needing only some glue and a screwdriver, there's also the Wolfelele.

image_preview.aspx

There are a few reviews here on UU and on Youtube.

Also, Ukulele Player Magazine did a review and Mickey Maguire (Pippin here on UU) also has a video review and sound demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLhq9Loa5Fo

I have not yet built one personally, but a Wolfelele is on my list. I like ukes that are 'different' in some way.

I thought I had posted here Mike but it didn't load. Well done and shame on the rest of you for nipping at his heels. Everyone has to start somewhere and this was an honest attempt to show it. This is not the way to encourage a true amateur who is having a go!

I really appreciate your comments Pete. I bought 2 Grizzly kits so my daughter and I could put them together. If you do it right it takes more time that you would think. I think these kits are great for kids especially. they have to learn a little bit about how a stringed instrument works.

Top Bottom