Which ukulele out of this three you think is the best quality?

qbaaa3

Reaction score
I've read a lot about ukuleles, and I'm thinking about this three:

IBANEZ UKS 10
Lanikai LU-11
Fender Piha'ea Soprano

I really need your help guys, I don't know which one is the best? The best quality and sound? I cannot decide which to buy, it's for a gift, and I want it good.

I appreciate every opinion, maybe you have one of those?

First of all, thank you for your respond.

I don't think we have Ohana ukes in my country. So I found one mor:

Kala Ka S

Why do you think it's better? I mean I know Fender because of their guitars, and they are good. The same with Ibanez. I don't know about Kala.

You didn't say where you are or what your buying options are. That might help.

I wouldn't knock Ibanez or Fender, but you are right... they are primarily known for guitars, where Kala is known for their ukes.

Also, since it's a gift, I'd say to include a case/gig bag if it doesn't already come with one, and a clip-on tuner. Those items might affect your overall budget.

Play them all BEFORE you choose, I would think the Lanikai but sometimes you get surprised. Kala makes great entry level & above ukes

Being a beginner myself I don't have a lot of experience with different ukuleles. I do own a Lanakai LU11 I bought to see if I liked playing a ukulele. Seems to be of decent quality but I have nothing to compare it against yet. Even with my small hands I do find the soprano size somewhat small, so the size of the person who will be playing it might also be considered. Kala is a very well known ukulele brand so I would not rule it out. I believe there is a link comparing different beginners models somewhere in the forums.

Play them all BEFORE you choose, I would think the Lanikai but sometimes you get surprised. Kala makes great entry level & above ukes

Agree. It's a "Goldilocks" thing. Try them all (and as many others as you can) and see which one fits you best. All of the technical stuff folk will say will have some truth to the matter, but in the end the question will be,"Which one makes you smile the most?" They are all fun, and there will be another before you know it.

Play them all and the one you like is the best one.

I would never get an Ibanez or a Fender (Gretch too, owned by Fender) uke...Ever.
WHY?
Well...I have been to several trade shows and talked with them. The uke is another thing they can put in a catalog. It is available with the guitars as an after thought.
Kala, Ohana, Lanikai, and even Oscar Schmidt actually care about making good instruments. The more you spend with those brands, the better uke you get.
Tell us what country you are from and we can help you find ukes that you can get and play.

For those telling the OP to play the ukes first, he/she said it's for a gift, so I doubt they know how to play even if checking them out in person were an option.

Tell us what country you are from and we can help you find ukes that you can get and play.
There are some US-based sellers with good reputations here (like HMS, Mim and Uke Republic) that stock a wide variety of ukes at different price points, do a setup to ensure it's optimally playable (a hit-or-miss proposition with a lot of lower cost ukes) and who ship internationally.

Bang for the buck, if you can find a Kala or Ohana, hands down, I think are fine choices. I own both.

I'm from Poland. I think you talk me through for the Kala Ka S. I can play them all, but anyway it's a gift for somebody and it will be a surprise, so this won't work to much :) Now I've read some more, and I see Kala is very popular in ukulele community

My first uke was a Kala KA-S. I think it's a great uke for the money and have been quite happy with it.

I'd say the safest choice would be the Kala....easily. I have also been impressed with Kala's customer service. You'll likely find more happy Kala owners than all those others combined. I agree with the bag/tuner

another vote for Kala. I really like their thin line traveling uke--a really nice instrument

Thank you a lot guys. I've purchuased a Kala Ka S today :)

I have a question. Is it normal that it's getting untuned after 20 minutes laying on the table and I have to tune it so often? It gets untuned without playing on it.

I have a question. Is it normal that it's getting untuned after 20 minutes laying on the table and I have to tune it so often? It gets untuned without playing on it.

Hi qbaaa3,

I recently bought my first Ukulele - a Makala MK-C, a concert uke. The shop I bought it from had everything on offer from the brightly coloured £25 ones to ukes over £300. My logic is never to buy the cheapest, so I bought the Makala for £50.

When I first got it home, it was going out of tune really quickly. I used to have this with my guitar too - while the strings are still young they seem to slacken and tighten of their own free will. After a week or so, it had become much better, and now I don't have to tune it much at all. I guess it just needs to adjust a little to begin with.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom