What's your player?

I play my Blackbird Clara and my Collings UC3M pretty equally, although my wife is doing her best to claim the Collings as hers. ;-)

I'm just returning to the ukulele. I have one on eBay so my main right now is a humble Bruko #6. I like my Makala MK-S when i'm out and about... or not.

Watch this space!

I'm down to two:

Bruko no.1 for out and about
Airline bari for home.

That said, a recent trade acquisition is threatening to upset the balance.

My mahogany Mya-Moe concert pineapple. Unless I'm outside rambling around...then it's my "see-through" Outdoor Uke.

My Ohana CK-20CE
It's starting to look a little loved, but that's okay with me. :)

Mine's an Ohana CK-200G. The neck is perfect. It's just about cured my UAS....can a uke wear out?

Lately, my Koaloha concert.

I own three ukuleles, one of which is living at my daughter's house currently, as she has decided that ukulele is more fun than guitar. The two still at home, I play pretty much equally, and that's a deliberate choice: one is a Woodley White koa, the other an Alan Carruth spruce/osage orange, both tenors, both strung low-g. The White is fourteen frets to the body, the Carruth twelve, and I want to be able to be able to manage both. Interesting how much that spacing on the fretboard makes them different players, at least in my hands.

In the not-too-distant future, I expect to have another tenor to plug into the rotation. It will be fourteen-to-the-body, but with a slightly wider fretboard. So switching among them will give me a different left hand-position each time.

My Kala KAATP-CTG-CE. Solid cedar top, acacia koa body. Great tone, projection and sustain. (But waiting for my custom gypsy jazz style to open up, we'll see how it compares.)

Kala KAATP-CTG-CE 2.jpg

lately it has been the HF3L with soooo much room and a rich sound!

Kala SMHT. Though I only own 3 ukes, the kala was my first. I also have a lanikai tenor knock-around that goes camping with me, and a luna tattoo concert that I'm trying to get used to. Shorter fret distance makes me misjudge chord shapes up the neck.

its my fender though I try to play all mine equally, the fender is the first I always go to

My go-to Uke is usually the tenor Koa Fluke.

Scooter

Top Bottom