Hi

neil stait

Reaction score
Hi new member, here be gentle with me

Left handed as well

Trying to learn in a right handed world , although I actually write right handed I play the uke (badly) left handed

Greetings and welcome. Some lefties play right handed. It's a toss up whether strumming/picking or fretting would benefit most from the use of your "dominant" hand. Getting ukes set up for lefties a "pain in the ass." Choices limited. I'm not suggesting you play "righty". Try both ways and settle on the one that works best for you. Don't worry about what other lefties do.

http://www.ukeschool.com/ukulele/left_handed_ukulele.html

Last edited:
Hi new member, here be gentle with me

Left handed as well

Trying to learn in a right handed world , although I actually write right handed I play the uke (badly) left handed

Welcome! Southpaw ehh! Me too. Probably went to Catholic School too, if you write right handed. THe nuns were gentle on me. I write lefthanded but play righthanded. Do you ever
wonder about right and left brain functions and how this may effect the quality of tour playing with non-dominant hand?

Welcome! Southpaw ehh! Me too. Probably went to Catholic School too, if you write right handed. THe nuns were gentle on me. I write lefthanded but play righthanded. Do you ever
wonder about right and left brain functions and how this may effect the quality of tour playing with non-dominant hand?

Hmmm, I went to Catholic school too.........gentle nuns.........didn't know any of those. I once had to kneel on the cement floor and had my hands hit with a ruler for repeating a compliment my mother gave me to another student who then "ratted" on me to Sister.

Welcome to UU.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the guitar was invented by a lefty and intended to play with the dominate hand (left) chording the strings. Maybe us righties have it backwards?!

Top Bottom