FS: Pohaku mahogany soprano with case

julie

Reaction score
For Sale or trade: custom Pohaku soprano made of mahogany with a gorgeous sunburst style finish. It has a vintage Martin design with some extras like a decorative strip inside the the body, Peghed tuners and abalone (I think) fret markers. This uke is easy to play and has a wonderful tone. It comes with a Pohaku case.

It has 2 little dings that I show in the images below. They are so tiny that they probably aren't even worth mentioning, but I like to make sure you know what you're getting. There are also some very faint strum marks or polishing marks on the top that are hard to see/find without special light and very good eyes. I've heard these ukes compared to a Collings if Collings made sopranos. Pohaku's are high quality custom ukes made by Peter Hurney in Berkley CA, USA.

Includes: A case humidifier, hydrogrometer, electronic tuner and a set of strings.

$700 shipped CONUS.

pohaku-1.jpgpohaku-3.jpgpohaku-2.jpgpohaku-4.jpgpohaku-5.jpg

Last edited:
We have three Pohaku ukes (one a mahogany soprano), and I can attest to the very high quality of the build and the excellent sustain you'll get with this uke.

Good luck with the sale, Julie.

Thanks Ginny! Maybe I should give it a personality like you did for your William King uke!

If I were interested in the new Pohaku concert I would contact Peter to see if it's available...don't recall seeing it in the shop...also, if it is available it is from a previous and not a current build. Also, he has raised
his prices. New prices are 20-30% higher...

I have onde of these sopranos. Mine is identical. This is my perfect soprano in all spects. It's the only soprano I maintened after years experimented more than 15 high end sopranos. (I also maintened a koaloha concert). This soprano has tone, feeling and all. High recomended with worth browns strings.

Love that finish. Really attractive!

Here's a quick sound sample of the Pohaku. It's just a few bars of me trying to play the Magic Ukulele Waltz.

My ukulele playing skills are not very good and that becomes magnified when I try to record myself. I kept messing up so I just cropped the vid to the few seconds where I actually sounded halfway decent ;)

Holiday bump and price drop. I'll also include a humidifier, hydrogrometer, electronic tuner and a set of strings. This uke would make anyone a wonderful Christmas present.

Top Bottom