What are the nicest "thinline" ukuleles out there?

timothypfox

Reaction score
I recently bought a concert Kala thinline, and apart from having to do a complete set up with my local music store to adjust the saddle, it is a very enjoyable uke to play. The narrow body allows you to hold it particularly close which has some playing benefits. The small size for even more incredible portability.

Now I understand Ohana also has thinline or travel ukes in different sizes. I haven't tried one - but the tenor or soprano one intrigue me as they also include a pick up. But I don't know of other brands or makers.

Anyone out there tried thinline or travel ukes? Can anyone weigh in on what they enjoyed / recommend the most?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yup, I have the Ohana thinline tenor - and it's for sale! I see you're in Japan so could probably get one locally for less than it would cost to ship from the US. I like it but have too many ukes to keep it much longer.

I have a Brüko no. 2F That is the slim version of their maple soprano. I like it a lot! :)

They only use solid wood. It feels really light and looks great! Sound wise, it's surprisingly loud, especially strumming, also, Brükos definitely sound unique! I put Worth Browns on mine, the brown strings on pale maple is a nice contrast, but just as importantly, these really mellow out the melancholic sound.

They also have it in black, bazmaz made a review of it a while back: http://www.gotaukulele.com/2010/08/bruko-black-slimbody-soprano-review.html

Additionally, their standard sopranos (like no. 6) also have thinline versions.

Brükos are most certainly something different, but that might be a good thing.

Top Bottom