Passe pî del neure poye (Black hen dance) trad.

Now,see...I would have probably strummed that and made it sound more like " Blackened Chicken in a Basket " (with frites) your way is much subtler ....nice one.

Jarvo

In fact the tune is based on the renaissance/baroque hit 'Folies d'Espagne" but it can be played strummed of course. (please do it for us ;-) )

Now,see...I would have probably strummed that and made it sound more like " Blackened Chicken in a Basket " (with frites) your way is much subtler ....nice one.

Jarvo

This was a self deprecating put down of my playing style compared to your's....( Blackened Chicken is a Cajun dish , chicken In the basket is a British travesty of a dish from the late 70's early 80's and 'frites .....well what more need be said ,except "divine") however I seem to have ended up with a new challenge ....to try and do your delightful little piece my way .....oh dear ...it won't be pretty !!:eek:

Last edited:
In the renaissance and baroque period, this piece was very often used for variations and improvisations. People used the basic chord progression and do their own version, so everyone can take it and try ;-)
Dm A7 Dm C F C Dm A7
Dm A7 Dm C F C Dm/A7 Dm

Very nice, I will work on this piece and add it to my repertoire. Thanks for all your wonderful performances and tabs!

In fact the tune is based on the renaissance/baroque hit 'Folies d'Espagne" but it can be played strummed of course. (please do it for us ;-) )

Okay ..here is my spavined attempt at your Arrangement (I got the tab, which is excellent btw) I have performed a variation, shall we say ..to be kind ..to me LOL..Much enjoyed having a go at this and shall continue ....you can hear me breathing I was concentrating so much.....and it gets a bit silly at the end...

Great ! Do you know Gaspar Sanz ? (Rob MacKillop made a very good ukulele adaptation of his baroque music for ukulele, you can find at Mel Bay) And Sanz (in 1674) was mixing picking and strumming technics in his music.
You should have a look.
Have fun !

You are too kind sir.

Mnsr Sanz and I are not acquainted...but I may look him up.

Merci.

CJ

Top Bottom