Gretsch Roots Collection G9110-SK (Koa) G9110-SM (Mahogany)

RichardNL

Reaction score
Earlier this year I closed the Ukulele in my heart.

My first Ukulele was/is a "standard" Gretsch G-9110 Laminated Mahogany Concert size.

It's still my most favorite instrument. It has an excellent sound. Action and playability is great!

I'm looking for a more expensive Ukulele for about $400.

With my Gretsch G9110 in mind, I discovered the G9110-SK (Solid Koa) and G9110-SM (Solid Mahogany), both are "deluxe" version, also available in Tenor size ( G9120-SK and G9120-SM)

I'm looking for a "more than perfect" Ukulele.

Problem about this specific version, it's impossible to find one in Europe to give it a try. Every Ukulele specialized shop is able to order it, but not in stock (delivery times of 5 - 6 weeks).

Also there is no detailed information about this specific Uke (No consumer reviews, no professional reviews and no forum posts about this G9110-SK).

It's a 2014 model, maybe it's a "late 2014" model, or it's not available at the moment?

Some people around here with tips 'n tricks or more information about this Uke (G9110-SK)

2730038321_frt_wlg_001.jpg

Official Gretsch Guitars informational site

Lots of very decent concert size ukes for $400. The one in the video sounds decent. Haven't heard much about the solid koa Gretsch ukes, but haven't heard anything bad about any of them.

Last edited:
I bought the Gretsch 9120-SM from HMS and have to say it is a beautiful sounding instrument. I think Gretsch ukes are very underrated. There is very little talk about them on UU. I think some people believe that in the case of ukuleles, price=quality and because Gretsch ukuleles are not overly expensive they therefore cannot be any good. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Last edited:
Did you end up purchasing either of these uke’s? If you did, I’d love to hear a review on it. I’m considering the same two and am not finding much out there about them. I have a 1930’s Gretch that I love and am looking for something similar, but newer that I can install a pickup into.

Top Bottom