Friends

H

Hippie Dribble

It is with much sadness that I must retire my membership of the forum and consequently, also from my role as moderator.

Due to ongoing and worsening health issues I have just spent nearly three months in hospital and returned home yesterday. There are great costs to pay and a reprioritising of my life is necessary.

To say that I have enjoyed my time here would be an understatement. I have met so many beautiful natured people, made wonderful friends, and learnt so much from you all, not just about ukuleles, but about life. This place has been more than a forum to me, it's been my lifeline in many ways.

Unfortunately it is time for a new stage. I want to say to you all, keep loving the ukulele and each other; keep debating heartily but respectfully and keep making this forum the wonderful place you have made it for folks like me.

Thankyou to Seeso, Rick, Staci, Ryan, Aaron and Aldrine for the running of what is THE best ukulele resource anywhere.

Cheers all and God Bless

jon

snoopy hug.jpg

It's a tremendous understatement to say that you will be missed. Consider yourself hugged.

Best wishes, Jon.

Please know you have inspired my playing and -- more important -- you have helped make UU a wonderful place to spend time.

We'll all miss you Jon. But, I respect your decision.

Hope your health improves. Wishing you all the best.

What a pity you are leaving us. You are family. You are ALWAYS welcome here. Surely you will peek in from time to time?
I wish you all the best.

I'm so sad to hear this. Prayers and hugs for you and for improving health.

Hi Jon, We will miss you, but I am wishing you all the best for everything!!! And know that the love you shared, remains and grows! You take care of yourself...our health is so precious and sometime we really have to guard it.
Moment by moment, it is a wondrous journey my friend, and you have been a gift to this forum.

Won't be the same without you, buddy- hasn't been, come to think of it. Get well and be well. All the best-- Matt

PS if you need anything don't hesitate to ask. I'll always be here to help, you know where to find me.

Jon -

I have always admired your playing and, more importantly, your tremendous attitude. I'm very sad to hear of your issues and truly hope for improvement. All the best thoughts and prayers.

Sad to hear this Jon, but wish only the best for you from this point on.

Take care of yourself Jon, I truly enjoyed your videos and your contribution to the Aloha of UU.
Best wishes to you in the future, and hope we see you around here as life permits.

Jon, I totally understand that you are taking care of yourself. I highly recommend the writings of Terry McBride, who healed himself from a life of severe mental and physical pain. He has a website, and the name of his book is "The Hell I Can't".
Best wishes, and I hope you always have a uke in your hands or nearby. And thanks for being a great Moderator!

Jon,

So sorry for your health woes and that it has made you leave us.

Please know that you have greatly inspired me, both to become a better musician, but also to become a better human being.

Your energy, attitude and tireless spirit have always had a lasting and positive influence upon me, which I continually strive to carry forward. Your videos always made me feel better, as others in this thread have expressed.

I will be sending happy vibes to you as always, and wish you the best of everything.

Until next time, then...

Your brother,

Booli

Last edited:
Prayers and best wishes that you fully heal. You will be missed, you were a great Moderator and uke friend.

Thanks for all you have done here. We will keep you in our prayers.

Top Bottom