No name free uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug W

Reaction score
I am running out of time. I have somewhere between one day to 50 years left on this planet. I have decided that I really don't want to spend time fixing or making ukuleles. There are people who are already good at that. I just want to play my uke and get rid of other distractions.

The price is FREE!

So do you want this uke? I figure what it really needs is:

1. Pull off all the frets
2. Glue on a new fretboard
3. Replace the bridge / saddle
4. Replace the nut

I would guess this uke was made in the 50s / 60s. Could have been earlier or later. I don't think that you will find out that it is a Kamaka in disguise. It was originally made by someone who almost knew what they were doing.

Send me a PM if you want it FREE and will actually put the time in to fix it.Soprano_00.jpgSoprano_01.jpgSoprano_02.jpgSoprano_03.jpgSoprano_04.jpg

Sent PM, been wanting to learn how to do all those things. Love that little uke....will keep my Kamaka and Martin sopranos company. I think I will also do a picture diary of each step...been wanting to do that too.

Last edited:
Phil,

I replied to your PM. Glad to find a good home for it. I look forward to seeing the picture diary.

Doug

Well Phil can do whatever he wants to fix it. One problem with this uke is that the angle of the neck is such that in order to get the distance from the strings to the frets correct, I filed the bridge down as much as possible. Now when you try to fingerpick it, you bump into the top of the uke.

I have also played other ukes that have the frets right in the neck with no fretboard, but they were made correctly. The neck is not bowed, so it isn't a problem with the neck deflecting over the years. I think it was not correctly set back in the day when it was made. If this were really a Kamaka, the fix would be to reset the neck. I think it is just an old uke that was almost put together correctly years ago but not quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom