SOTU 141B: Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing - Old Retread vids for the 141 Subject

Star of Bethlehem

Maybe . . .

I'm gonna guess this is going to be the furthest back old video posted in this thread. This video was my first ever attempt to make a ukulele music video. It's dated April 2007, more than seven and a half years ago. In the description of the vid, I was so naive, so new to the uke that I spelled my instrument 'ukelele' and I used a guitar pic to play my new found instrument (I'd been playing the uke for a week).

I played a Neil Young song on that very first ukulele video... well, a cover of an older tune he did with Crazy Horse in the early 90's.

Okay, I didn't know I'd been playing uke for 3 years now but here's a video saying I have.
One of my first videos surely and a little more well padded Alan with his second uke ever (The first was that Baritone I still play a lot).

Here's my throwback performance. Another version of Into the Black (Hey Hey My My), as a car video.

It almost a crime I've only done one Neil Young tune here and it's this one from Season 135. So recent it's almost silly to repost it here but what de heck

Eric, don't forget to repost Razor love here as well. It's one of my favorite vids from you still. I've played harvest moon a lot on guitar but never on uke. I've seen some wonderful covers here already!

Thanks for the reminder FiL.
Season 72, Myrnaukulele's Canada Week a few of us brought out the NY.

For folks who think there are no happy Neil Young songs. Here's a great cover by FiL!

I liked the AMERICANA cd put out by Neil and Crazy horse cos he took old song like Clementine and
Coming round the mountains and put a new spin on them with different chords. He also took
the Stephen Foster Oh Susanna song and did it in a minor key. I have always like that song
for its absurd lyrics... and I did my own version of it which has a different feel to it as well.

Tyson VS Young!

I don't know where Dave is...probably a game! Dave is influenced by Ian and I am heavily influenced by Neil here.

Written by Steven Stills for Buffalo Springfield while Neil Young was in the band. Quasi-NY-ish? I already have three entries so this one is for the B list. Someone with a looper would be able to do the alternating pitches while playing the rhythm live. At least I think that would have been ideal.

BEV playing "Woodstock" reminded me of this. Some years back, I played a show called Uke-Stock in Worcester, Mass. I wrote this set of lyrics then, though I didn't play the song at the show. Jim Beloff was one of the headliners, so I dropped his name in the lyrics.

One that Terri and I have done with the band off and on for a couple of years. A big favorite of mine.

In the description of the vid, I was so naive, so new to the uke that I spelled my instrument 'ukelele' and I used a guitar pic to play my new found instrument (I'd been playing the uke for a week).

Joko - Ukelele isn't really wrong - it's simply an alternate spelling of ukulele. It was a common spelling in the 1920s. Ukulele is certainly the more accepted spelling these days but for my user name "ukelele" is how I prefer to spell it. :cool:
I know what you mean about those early vids (I started posting to YT 7 years ago as well and cringe when I watch some of those first attempts at vlogging).

Ukelele is also the British style of spelling ,Oxfodd Inglissh Dickshunairy sez so.....:eek:

Top Bottom