This Wicked Wahine stopped by...

Wow!

Will Corey play my CR? I'll be there next July for the Sakuma Festival.

I'm sure he would. Just bring it by the shop. As far as me filming...possible. I might add that Staci showed up with amazing home made cookies for all us guys and then handed me a GC for Roys!! I would have done it either but, ya know, just sayin, some people have a special power for persuasion. ;)
Thanks for that by the way Staci. Totally unnesessary but awesome nonetheless.

I'm sure he would. Just bring it by the shop. As far as me filming...possible. I might add that Staci showed up with amazing home made cookies for all us guys and then handed me a GC for Roys!! I would have done it either but, ya know, just sayin, some people have a special power for persuasion. ;)

I hope you liked the cookies - and that you and your wife can have a nice dinner, all the mahalos are owed from me to you. :)

Homemade cookies?

I was just planning to relieve Len of buying lunch:)

I guess I better step up my game!

Thanks, Are these about the same tension as the Southcoast HML-RW's. I've only had the RW's on "Two Feathers" so may be time to try a different string. Yours sound absolutely amazing.

Thanks, Are these about the same tension as the Southcoast HML-RW's. I've only had the RW's on "Two Feathers" so may be time to try a different string. Yours sound absolutely amazing.

I have the worst memory on Earth - as soon as I put on these I forget everything else. If I recall correctly, these are not quite as high tension as the Southcoast. But don't take my word for it! I still really like the Southcoast too but when I heard Dana's MB with these I really liked them. They seemed to be a little louder than the Southcoast, and I liked the fact that the C string did not squeak.

From what I have heard the Southcoast are more polished now and don't squeak as much, and I plan to try the new set the next time I need to change strings. But in the interim I am very happy with these. PS the only reason I knew these seemed louder was because Dana played my MB and I played his. That may or may not be a benefit depending on your preference but it seemed that way. I think they are definitely worth a try though if you like your MB in low g.

That was amazing to hear on my phone - I can imagine how awesome it was to hear it played by Corey in person. What a wonderful thing for all involved. The ukulele sounded beautiful and looks beautiful, too.

I'll bring you a bottle of soju!! :p

The video is ten minutes of pure enjoyment.
By the way does anybody happen to know the name of the third tune?

that was Corey's random idea #488
he does that on 60% of the recordings you see/hear on his sound samples.....he just comes up with it while playing.....

oops....I have the wrong sound sample....I watch Corey record so many it gets confusing...:) yes it is Bach....

I saw him record a new Hive Uke and got the recordings mixed up......:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom