Where have you played your Uke?

In the potty - but not ON the potty. When I first started playing, my son was still afraid to shower alone, so I would sit on my makeup stool and play while he took a shower.

That's about it!

Hmmm we take a dim view of this , it's not the real thang...:rulez::rolleyes::D

Sorry, but I can't go into the specifics, but it was a long time ago, in a real shitty dressing room, and the recently late, and very great Jack Bruce was there......................really.

I should have mentioned that when I was in our Dentist’s waiting room I got several compliments on my playing. Patients would come out the door from the treatment area, holding one hand against the side of their face, look at me and say: “Ourumph mopa caragaht barbobit,” or some such, and walked out the door to the parking lot. Gee, I thought that was so nice of them! :D

Last edited:
Alnwick International Music Festival ...I forgot about playing with The Uketeers ....(The ones from Hexham UK)

Falstone Festival....like wise with The Uketeers...

and on the Seasons Of The Ukulele .....and in Hexham ( Northumberland ...the real and original one ...why aye man...)

as well as...the you know where, of course....or coarse if you prefer.

Last edited:
I can say I've played at the prestigious Dorothy Chandler Pavillion at the Music Center in downtown L.A.

Well, me and ~300 other ukers who were part of the Ukule-Along, but still... I can say I played there. :p

I just started playing on my back patio recently. I had an old heavy duty music stand that's pretty beat up already that I dug out of the storeroom and cleaned up.

Wish I'd done it sooner. It's really pleasant to sit out there, and the natural light makes it easier to read music.

So far, I haven't had any complaints, and I really don't expect any. I mostly fingerpick and it's not that loud (no singing). No competition with the neighbors who blast their music or the guy with the really loud motorcycle. Or the chainsaws from the next door neighbors having their trees trimmed today.

I can say I've played at the prestigious Dorothy Chandler Pavillion at the Music Center in downtown L.A.

Well, me and ~300 other ukers who were part of the Ukule-Along, but still... I can say I played there. :p

I just started playing on my back patio recently. I had an old heavy duty music stand that's pretty beat up already that I dug out of the storeroom and cleaned up.

Wish I'd done it sooner. It's really pleasant to sit out there, and the natural light makes it easier to read music.

So far, I haven't had any complaints, and I really don't expect any. I mostly fingerpick and it's not that loud (no singing). No competition with the neighbors who blast their music or the guy with the really loud motorcycle. Or the chainsaws from the next door neighbors having their trees trimmed today.

Well rock on ...I bet you were the best in your row ...alright that's from Ghostbusters ..but hey ....you were there .......;)

I'll go with the non 'normal' places. The loo is normal right? :D

Starbucks after buying a uke. Snark wins so i'm not PING.... PING... ugh PING... >G< YAY!

Weatherspoons pub (UK) nobody notices also BEER! Not the only pub i have played in unpaid.

Tonight after a late shift, standing at the rear door of the house staring out at the stars playing Eddie Vedder quietly after 2am while the family is asleep.

Giving entertainment to fellow motorists in very heavy traffic one year heading down to the inlaws for xmas. Windows open and a soprano. Safety first dropping uke to my knee when moving at 1 > 2MPH.

In the past year+ of taking up the uke, I've played with the CC Strummers at festivals, assisted living and senior centers and even a flash mob. With the Westside Ukulele Ensemble (since dropped out), we played YMCA shows, an art opening and a neighborhood fund raiser. And, by myself at a friend's New Year's eve party.

I also played once early on for my cousin visiting from Canada when he came over with my sister-in-law (my brother lives downstairs from me), but the two of them laughed at me when I tried to do Iz's Rainbow (I'm not a very good singer). You can be sure I'll never play or sing in front of them again.

Otherwise, I play on my couch 3-4 times a week, plus of course, Mondays and Thursday with the CC Strummers at the Veterans Memorial Building in Culver City.

I carry a uke with me everywhere I go, weather permitting, and I play just about anywhere I have more than 10 minutes to kill. I play a lot at bus stops, and just walking down the street. Usually I manage a good hour or two at work, which is pretty awesome sometimes. I work at a hotel. There have been several guests travelling with guitars and banjos that have sat down with me and jammed in the lobby. I've played at the Ukulele Slam both years here in K.C. and done a couple of open mic events at bars around town.

One of the coolest places I've played was on a city bus. One of the drivers on my daily bus home from work asked me to play her a song one day. I said I would except that there is a policy about not disturbing other passengers, so she got on the p.a. to make sure it was okay with everyone. They all thought it was a great idea (because they didn't know any better) so I strapped on my ukulele and started playing. They all enjoyed it (tone deaf one and all) and asked me to play some more. So, I ended up playing for the next 20 minutes until I got to my stop. There was one complaint the next day from a guy (moron) who was sitting in the back (where the engine is) who couldn't hear anything.

A couple of other memorable places I've played are the WWI museum in downtown Kansas City and a clothing optional campground in Eastern Kansas where, for the benefit of lifekind, I stayed fully dressed at all times.

I should have mentioned that when I was in our Dentist’s waiting room I got several compliments on my playing. Patients would come out the door from the treatment area, holding one hand against the side of their face, look at me and say: “Ourumph mopa caragaht barbobit,” or some such, and walk out the door to the parking lot. Gee, I thought that was so nice of them! :D
:D. ..........

Most exotic locales- Waikiki and Shipwreck Beach (on Lana'i).

Top Bottom