Winter is coming: Spread the joy contest

So, about that Abominable Snowman . . . I LOVE snow!!! The world seems to stand still in a hush of peace as it falls. Peace, yes. It's as if peace is being sprinkled from the heavens . . .

Day 20:

It's been weeks and still the blank box haunts me. I don't sleep anymore. At least, I don't think I do. The days and nights blur into one seamless and endless nightmare. Everywhere I look, everywhere I turn; a blank white box with mysterious symbols cluttering its periphery. How can I ever figure out what to place in that perfect, empty box? What could I possibly add to curry the favour of Yukon Cornelius?

It is an impossible task I've set myself to. I am Sisyphus and this reply is my stone. Each time I taint the empty box with my crude scrawlings, my own inanity compels me to erase them until the box is once more clean. Taunting. I am my own undoing.

And what hubris! To even think that I could add anything to the extant and extensive witticisms and wisdoms. What is the basic, human drive that makes us shout into the aether? Shout our meaningless drivel into the wind or electrons, screaming, "I am here! I am here!" to the ears of millions others who are deaf but for their own shouts.

I go through this and so much more during the long days and long nights, striving to rise to Cornelius Yukon's challenge, but nothing comes out. The blank box continues to taunt me. I still know not what to write.

Winter is coming

Winter is coming and with it "the others". Will the wall stand? Will the "Black Watch" prevail? And what about Daenerys and Tyrion? Is the reason George hasn't answered these questions because he's devoting way too much time to his ukulele?

Winter is coming and with it "the others". Will the wall stand? Will the "Black Watch" prevail? And what about Daenerys and Tyrion? Is the reason George hasn't answered these questions because he's devoting way too much time to his ukulele?

I think he is just cashing in...

I read somewhere once that he waited 6 years between books once. I also read that he may be waiting for the HBO show to catch up to his books.

Is Jon gone? I don't think so.

haha....great idea John.......count me in!!

Well Yukon Cornelius, if this isnt your 5th favourite christmas movie you will have to revise your list.

DIE HARD!!!

Top Bottom