Hello from San Francisco

khanwong

Reaction score
Hi everybody --

I've been lurking for a while now, but was finally motivated to register and post by Neil Young week for SOTU. I am a big fan, and had recorded my entry video without knowing it was the theme this week. I took it as a sign!

Received a concert uke for Christmas last year and got obsessed pretty much immediately. I like it, but found a tenor more comfortable...but truth be told I think the baritone is the best fit for me. I love the lower pitch and I can sing with it more easily. I played fiddle and cello a long time ago, and while the technique is different, music theory works the same so I have found learning the uke pretty intuitive.

Looking forward to participating more in SOTU and in discussions here.

Welcome to the UU Khanwong!!! Glad you finally joine up!! BTW...SF is my most favorite city to visit!!!!

Welcome to UU!

We won't talk 49ers today but Yeah Giants!! I'm just south of you in San Jose. Hope you enjoy the thread and maybe I'll see you at a meetup or workshop soon (Kimo Hussey this Sunday at Blackbird Guitars :) )

Greetings and welcome. Heard there were a lot of "lurkers" in SF.....glad you joined us.

Hello and welcome! Glad you are doing SOTU; it is a lot of fun.

Welcome! Glad you found a good fit in a baritone ukulele.

Welcome to the forum! This is a wonderful place to be, share and learn. I'm from Northern California, so we are neighbors. I also like the lower range and I tune many of my ukes to F, Bb, E, A, which makes it much easier for me to sing along.

Welcome to UU! Hope you enjoy it here.

Khanwong, welcome from another Norcal uker. I haven't gotten around to setting up a recording system yet, so I haven't joined in the SOTU fun. Good work in jumping right in!

Nick

Top Bottom