Good first song and how do I learn it?

for instance, being raised through 80's i want to learn this for nostalgic purposes and reunions.
fine young canablas - she drives me crazy

all sorts of cover ukulele and chordage to be found on the interwebs.
also check out danielle ate the sandwhich, she's got an awesome style.
have fun with it!

Aaron

Last edited:
Some more I, vi, IV, V or C-0003, Am-2000, F-2010, G7-0212 songs:

(C) I had a (Am) girl (F) Donna was her (G7) name...

(C) Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of (Am) Earl, Duke of (F) Earl, Duke of (G7) Earl...

Earth (C) Angel, Earth (Am) Angel, (F) Will you be (G7) mine?...

(C) Lollipop, (Am) Lollipop, (F) Oh Lolli, (G7) Lolli, Lolli...

Start with your ring finger on the third fret, first string for C,
Remove the ring finger while putting the bird finger on the second fret, fourth string for Am,
Leave the bird finger where it is and put the index finger on the first fret of the second string for F,
Leave the index where it is and move the bird finger to the second fret , third string while placing your ring finger at the second fret, first string for G7,
Slide the ring finger up to the third fret, first string while removing the other fingers to get you back to C,
Repeat till the song is over

For more songs, put "I, vi, IV, V songs" into your Google browser.

Last edited:
I've been practicing a few weeks, taking the UU class and have gone through some books. It's fun but I want to know a song already! Preferably a common song I can sing along with! I have tried I tube videos and the videos on here but the ones I have found still go too fast at first. Isn't there one where they start you out really slow and you speed up as you get better at it?

We have some good first songs on our Alabama Uke Fest website. Jambalaya is probably the easiest. It uses two chords, C and C7, both played with one finger.

Go slow and get comfy with the chord changes. Hum along after that. Add words when the chords feel really good. That's how I learn many songs - slowly, lots of repetition, and adding the singing after the strumming and chording gets really comfy.

Here's a link to our Uke Fest songs. http://alabamaukefest.weebly.com/music.html

Top Bottom