I just can't take it any more!

Actually, 3 to 2 is pretty common in wind band literature. Say this. Plop-Plop-Adop (said like 1-2-&3). Both hands hit on the first Plop. Right hand only on the second Plop. Left hand hits on the A. Right hands hits on the dop. The right hand is doing the 3 and the left hand is doing the 2.

Slightly like rubbing your stomach while patting your head...

Love the Flea String joke - that is priceless!

Plop -plop -a dop......? "bleah !!!! "....as Snoopy would say .......this takes me back to the "where do you play your uke ? thread" ...but on a very bad day.........

Yeah, I didn't learn how to play two against three (playing both the two and the three) until I was in a solfeggio class at conservatory. The instructor made us drum our hands on our desks until we got it, then we practiced it every class session. It's like riding a bicycle, once you get it, you never forget it. I can do it right now, (just did it) even though I hadn't tried it in several years. Oddly, it's easier if you use a foot to keep the one beat, so you're (I'm) actually playing all three at the same time, one against two against three.

Yeah, I didn't learn how to play two against three (playing both the two and the three) until I was in a solfeggio class at conservatory. The instructor made us drum our hands on our desks until we got it, then we practiced it every class session. It's like riding a bicycle, once you get it, you never forget it. I can do it right now, (just did it) even though I hadn't tried it in several years. Oddly, it's easier if you use a foot to keep the one beat, so you're (I'm) actually playing all three at the same time, one against two against three.

You are ready for a trap set, my friend.

LOLlolLOLlol!
R'link ...Re-reading what I wrote I can see that it does read as though I had fallen out with you ...No buddy far from it .

Ubulele and I had a little tete a tete mano a mano spat which is what I meant by "we have fallen out"...I have written to Ukejenny apologising ....and yes I do get your drift which is a bit like my drift as well , so lets just lets drift harmoniously plinking away ....GCEA 4321....hey is that the answer .....count it backwards ......Blinding flash of light ...run out of bathroom shrieking Eureka ....get arrested for indecency.....or for being in possession of an unadorned ukulele....

ooo-er Missus , Turned Out Nice Again....no probably not:cheers:

"Three in the space of two" is a correct but odd way to look at it. It would result in players trying to count three against two, which is something I learned to do, but only just barely. Typically, a triplet is described as three played in the space of one note of the next longer duration, i.e., eighth note triples played in the space of one quarter note, quarter note triplets played in the space of one half note, etc. But I think your description is fun to think about!

It's how it's normally described here and how I learnt it and it didn't give me a problem. I always understood it as playing three notes where you would normally expect two.

Top Bottom