Favorite Resource

YouTube. Books are generally a disappointment for me. I'm not a beginner and don't appreciate hokey old songs. I jam with a couple of bluegrass groups and learned to chunk like a mandolin. I'm learning to pick out some melodies too and recently found a classical piece that I just love.

What is the one resource/book/video/whatever that has helped you the most in your journey with the ukulele?

No brainer. Ukulele Underground....

Ultimate-Guitar.com and Chordie.com, because if I can play a song that I want to play and sing, some natural learning occurs.

Totally agree regarding Chordie.com as a favorite. I especially like that it shows uke chord forms and options and easily transposes keys. Chordie also lets you save faves to your own online songbook, and links songs to a separate online "radio" site that lets you hear the master track.

Similarly, Android smartphone users should check out the PocketChordsFREE app, which scans the Internet for chords/lyrics for your chosen song (because Chordie.com, etc., sometimes won't have 'em).

Last edited:
Is this suitable for beginner?

Daily ukulele has a wide variety of songs and complexity. I attached a list of the songs, the key and number of chords in DU. Unfortunately I can't attach excel files so I saved it as a tab deliniated text file. Import it into excel.

A great songbood for beginners is from the Albany Ukulele group
http://albanyukulele.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/songbook15.pdf
It starts very easy and gets harder

Attachments

• DailyUkuleleList.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Is this suitable for beginner?
You will find songs at all levels. You just need to go through it and find the ones that you want to do. I've also found that some groups use it as their go to book for jams, so nice to have. There is lots of room to grow as well.

Believe it or not, playing the piano and reading a book called "The Hell I Can't".

How 'bout an App? I use/Love Chords4Uke....Chords 4 Uke.jpg

Top Bottom