Full Face Respirators

It's uses a 4.2 volt transformer to charge the battery. It's one of those universal jobs that will work on 110/220 and comes with adapters you need no matter where you are on the planet.
If I were to order again, and I very well may, I would ask about buying a spare battery for when this one goes out. It doesn't say how many charge cycles it will handle but rechargeable batteries usually fail after a few years. I'd also as about getting some spare shields. I got the "non-impact" model so the visor is thin, something like 15 mils thick. It weighs 2 oz less than the IP model (impact protected) which apparently has a thicker shield but I chose the lighter weight model (less expensive too). I think these can easily be made using some sheet celluloid. They attach via Velco and plastic tabs. The one thing I did buy spares of are the respirators and pre filters. They were affordable and I am not sure if they are common here. Maybe someone can verify that. Pics of the three bayonet style canister and battery pack are attached.
I've used this for only a day now but I can imagine working without it. Therefore I'll either look into buying some backup parts or buying a second one. Whenever I buy a small unique tool that I can not live without I buy a backup. Apparently these were out of production for several years and as it is they are pretty hard to find.

Wow, this is a sign that you'll be making ukes for years to come! Great for all of us!!

I just bought one. I like that new face shields are available for it, as my experience with a full face mask for my SAS system, and using the peel away lens protectors, those reduce the clarity by a little, and they are a pain. With paint, or lacquer though, the peel away protectors are not an option, but a necessity. I found a new one, open box, on ebay for about $275 shipped to the US. Supposedly it had been opened, but never used.. It came with a different sort of battery pack, 4 replaceable C cells. We will see how I like dealing with replaceable batteries. I have a really nice 6v rechargeable battery pack and charger that I might adapt to it.

Last edited:
I just bought one. I like that new face shields are available for it, as my experience with a full face mask for my SAS system, and using the peel away lens protectors, those reduce the clarity by a little, and they are a pain. With paint, or lacquer though, the peel away protectors are not an option, but a necessity. I found a new one, open box, on ebay for about $275 shipped to the US. Supposedly it had been opened, but never used.. It came with a different sort of battery pack, 4 replaceable C cells. We will see how I like dealing with replaceable batteries. I have a really nice 6v rechargeable battery pack and charger that I might adapt to it.

That's a good deal Chris. It sounds like the older model that isn't in production any more. Does it have an external remote battery pack or is it mounted on the cap itself. If it's the remote variety the only negative reviews I've read about it is that the cap tends to be a little front heavy. Kent Everett has had one of those for 10 years and loves it.

Yes, it has the external battery pack. I would not buy it if it had the batteries on the head. I contemplated whether or not to buy the IP with the 2oz heavier face shield, as I like lightweight and comfortable. I will either get a couple of sets of rechargeable C cells, or adapt an existing rechargeable battery pack that I have.

Always with ebay there is a bit of a risk, but I have purchased thousands of items on ebay, and know what to look for. This looked like the real deal. I was planning on buying it for full price anyway, as you mentioned, lungs and eyes are precious! I really look forward to this thing. From what people say, I expect that I will.

Oh... I just re-read your post... that means that on the current versions, the batteries are on the cap itself? Hmmmm... Well.. Looks like I wait and see, and maybe modify it if need be.

My PowerCap arrived today.. I am happy with this thing. As was mentioned, mine is the older version (but new, NOS) and it is a bit front heavy. It will be easy to modify that by adding a little weight to the back, or, by adapting a different battery pack to the rear of the Cap.

The standard baseball cap that is lined with a thin plastic 'helmet' could use a forehead pad, and I will find one for it. It is comfortable, but could be more comfy.

The whole thing is not too heavy at all, and the fresh air is great.

So many shop projects that I may or may not have worn a respirator for just got way better.

This tool is a very good investment.

I've used mine every day since I got it. Fits comfortably and really, as easy to put on as a baseball cap. I've had a chance to use it while ca filling and it does not keep all the fumes away. Maybe 90% so it's still best to work in front of a fan. I've yet to find out if other respirators will fit. The only negative review I've read about the older model is that it can feel front heavy. Mounting the battery to the back, like the newer models, would take care of that.

Top Bottom