Full Face Respirators

oh boy , ive been using odorless CA glue thinking it would be safer , but I guess ive been inhaling the fumes just cant smell it.
you may have saved my life Chuck.

The thing is, I WANT to be able to smell the odor. Odorless ca is no safer than the odorless variety. You just can't tell when it's trying to kill you. It's the same reason they put odor in LP gas.
I've heard poor reviews on the odorless ca but have not tried it myself.

Glad this thread popped up.. I think that JSP Power cap looks like a good piece. Gonna get one. Perfect for various milling operations.

I'm sold. Thanks. I just ordered it but now I wonder if it will come wired for 220 V?

I think that is the IP designation... "International Power." I believe that is the model you need.

Edit: Sorry, that's "International Plug." I do believe that refers to the power supply.

Last edited:
Glad this thread popped up.. I think that JSP Power cap looks like a good piece. Gonna get one. Perfect for various milling operations.

Kent Carlos Everett (of Everett Guitars) has used a similar one for about 10 years. He swears by it and turned me onto it. I just planed a couple of dozen ebony guitar fret boards in preparation for making bindings. The simple dust masks don't do much and I can already feel it in my nose and eyes. I think I will get a lot of use out of this.

I think I bought mine from the same play you did. Mine came 110 volt charger.

I think that is the IP designation... "International Power." I believe that is the model you need.

Edit: Sorry, that's "International Plug." I do believe that refers to the power supply.

The manufacturer wrote me today in response to my question about "IP". It stands for "Impact Proctective". I guess they had bowl turners in mind when they came up with that option.

The impact protective model weighs in 780 grams, the non impact model is 720 grams, 2 oz heavier. I think I would opt for the lighter one.

Last edited:
Yep.. the beauty of this ( at least the perceived beauty, as I do not have one, yet) is that it is lightweight and comfortable enough to wear for long periods. A standard half mask respirator is not that comfortable for long periods, though it is sometimes necessary to do so. Long sessions of various milling operations, protection from dust, and also from things flying into the eyes.... This thing looks great. Cannot wait to get one.

2oz. is 1/8 of a Pound!!

This isn't meant as a review but just my first impressions on the Aircap. I don't know why it took me so long to get one of these, probably because it isn't sold in the USA! It's very light and well balanced, as easy to put on as a baseball cap. I've just finished routing some slot head cavities, a job that is always messy, and it worked like it was designed to. The fan is quiet and immediately clears any condensation that might otherwise form on the face shield. I love the full vision and not having to wear anything on my face with those annoying straps. I have a feeling that I'm going to use this thing so much that I'll probably order another sometime soon as a backup. BTW, Sitebox, the place in London that I bought it from, were great. They answered any questions I had promptly and shipping was relatively fast. One week to Hawaii. That beats most Mainland mail. It ain't cheap but neither are my lungs and eyes.

Attachments

• DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 45
Can you get filters that will work for lacquer too??

So what is the story with the charger? How does it work with 12oV 50hz? Does the wall wart charger automatically sense the difference? I am ready to buy one now.

Thanks Chuck

So what is the story with the charger? How does it work with 12oV 50hz? Does the wall wart charger automatically sense the difference? I am ready to buy one now.

Thanks Chuck

It's uses a 4.2 volt transformer to charge the battery. It's one of those universal jobs that will work on 110/220 and comes with adapters you need no matter where you are on the planet.
If I were to order again, and I very well may, I would ask about buying a spare battery for when this one goes out. It doesn't say how many charge cycles it will handle but rechargeable batteries usually fail after a few years. I'd also as about getting some spare shields. I got the "non-impact" model so the visor is thin, something like 15 mils thick. It weighs 2 oz less than the IP model (impact protected) which apparently has a thicker shield but I chose the lighter weight model (less expensive too). I think these can easily be made using some sheet celluloid. They attach via Velco and plastic tabs. The one thing I did buy spares of are the respirators and pre filters. They were affordable and I am not sure if they are common here. Maybe someone can verify that. Pics of the three bayonet style canister and battery pack are attached.
I've used this for only a day now but I can imagine working without it. Therefore I'll either look into buying some backup parts or buying a second one. Whenever I buy a small unique tool that I can not live without I buy a backup. Apparently these were out of production for several years and as it is they are pretty hard to find.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom