uke/banjo

lincs lad

Reaction score
morning all i have got a uke/banjo and its load i seem to remember someone telling me i could "turn it down" with blue tac around the bridge any ideas please

Mute#2.jpg

I have tried stuffing socks between the head and the dowel stick or coordinator rods.

Pete Seeger said, "A handkerchief is too small and a towel is too big, but a cloth diaper is perfect."

View attachment 73255

I have tried stuffing socks between the head and the dowel stick or coordinator rods.

Pete Seeger said, "A handkerchief is too small and a towel is too big, but a cloth diaper is perfect."

Yes, a rolled up pair of socks works fine, is that where the saying " Put a sock in it" came from.? Also a small piece of foam or sponge works well.

If you don't have a dowel or co-ordinator rod in your instrument, (some banjo-ukuleles don't have them) increasing the mass of the bridge with blue tac or some other clip-on device will work. You really do need a little bit of weight to make a difference, so it may be a largish lump of blue tac that's necessary. Do try to keep it off the skin if you've got a natural vellum ... it may leave an oily stain. A combination of blue tac and small fishing weights, lead strip, or similar, may be a useful compromise.

Wonder if anyone has tried using a small strip of duct tape to hold some kind of mute under the bridge on the inside vellum?

put a sock in it.... nuff said.... literally though

Thought of this video while reading this post.

I had a banjo uke without an internal rod so I just used a chopstick to hold the foam in place.

morning all i have got a uke/banjo and its load i seem to remember someone telling me i could "turn it down" with blue tac around the bridge any ideas please

So far seven people have offered assistance. Did you find any of it helpfull?

Top Bottom