Koaloha Tenor & Worth Browns Low G

Paul December

Reaction score
Anyone try this combo, and did you like it :confused:
- Any warmer?
- Still loud and projects?
- Any dullness?

I'm sorry. I have never--even in my wildest dreams--tried that combination.

(Just a threads bump for my friend)

I've used this combination (with a wound low G) on my Koaloha concert. I like it just fine. (I personally think we've been bamboozled by Worth. There's no difference in sound between the browns and clears.)
You know what? I currently have three browns on my Koaloha and one clear. Hmm.. Can't remember why it ended up that way, but I honestly can't tell the diff.

I recently put brown low-g (all fluoro, none wound) on my Lanakai tenor and love the result. WAY better than Aquillas.

I currently have Worth Clears on my KoAloha tenor and I love it! I also have a Worth Browns low G set, but haven't tried it yet. I do think that this combination is worth a try so let us know what you think of them! :) I'll do the same once I switch strings.

I have worth clears on all 3 koalohas one low g and two reentrant.

I'm a novice but recently replaced what looked to me to be original strings on my (new to me) Koaloha tenor with Worth browns (low G). Possibly because the original strings were old, but the Worth browns really opened up the sound. I love the look of the browns on the Koaloha and really am enjoying the sound - projection and sustain are excellent!

Top Bottom