GoPro any thoughts.....

BigSkyUkuleleGirl

Are we there yet......
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi everyone, anyone have any experience with these cameras for music? I see they are great little action cameras but haven't seen much on the music side. I realize the audio is not CD quality but wondered if good enough for the occasional video to post to YouTube.

Lots of places have them for sale this holiday season, here. The US I found the white edition for $199 and the hero3+ silver for $249.

I've been searching the forum for tips on video recording but coming up empty. I just wanted something I can set up and record, wasn't really sure about using a different mic and syncing the audio/video and such.

Does your computer take videos? Do you have a smart phone?

Hi Sukie, yes and yes. I think I'm caught up in the holiday shopping fever. I've looked at other models like the Zoom and Tascam and they seem better for the audio portion.

ok. I see where you are going with this. Do you want to clip the camera to the headstock like in the Pop Evil's "Trenches" video? I would love to do that someday...

So the sound is bad on the gopro. It doesn't have to be good, only to pick up the sound so that when you open up the video in windows movie maker there will be waveforms from the music. You will want a different microphone for adding music to the video later(you then mute the audio from the gopro when the waveforms are lined up). I love my Blue Yeti usb mic but there are many competent microphones out there. I would get one that is condenser and has cardioid if you plan on singing with the uke.

Even the earlier gopro cameras have good low light capability, can capture 60 fps, 30 fps stills. It is a good action camera. here is the review that won me over:

Top Bottom