SEASON 147 - BABY BEV'S LATE-1960s UKE PARTY

Regarding the LORDI win. Finns were embarrassed that they were sending them to the EURO
Everybody thought they would get zero points, so there was great celebrations when they became
run-away winners. It was a shock to everybody and a triumph for the mobile phone vote. Nokia for the win :)
LORDI themselves were completely taken aback by the victory. They had not planed for it
cos when the encore came they had no more fireworks to set off at the grand finale.
The victory had everybody buzzing and the cherry on top of the cake would have been Finland
beating Sweden in the in the ice-hockey world championships, but with regular monotony
the Finns got beat. Still a treble would have been too much to ask for since Kimi Räikkönen
had just won Formula1

Well, that is just fantastic! Has there been a Eurovision Season yet? Because now I'm inspired for one.

Did I say yet that this was a fabulous fun Season? No ... I haven't yet! Well, this sure was a fabulous fun Season. Loved the opportunity to do "Windy" - fun happy song that I plan to keep playing. Excellent hosting and commenting, fun prizes, worthy winners, loved all the varied musical energy everyone brought. Thanks to Lynda, and congratulations to everyone.

And yeah, I'm gonna go write my opening and closing theme songs for Season 150 Right Now.

What a great SOTU, Lynda! Super theme and super job on the admin. Ya know we all love you, and wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Yeah, BABY!!!!!!!!

Well, that is just fantastic! Has there been a Eurovision Season yet? Because now I'm inspired for one.

Just found a video that gives a snippet of all the Eurovision song contest winners from 1956-2014.
I suppose it is a musical history of how music and styles change over the years. The year I remember
most was the year of the blue satin pants and the silver platform boots, when the wonderful ABBA
won it for Sweden with Waterloo.... and big shoulders were still going up until the 90's... and Celine Dion
won it for Switzerland... now how did that happen?

Last edited:
ooooooooooooooh fab vid there, WGY. everything i love about eurovision, encapsulated in one vid, although for some reason my player keeps getting stuck at xena warrior princess singing for ukraine in 2004, i can't think why, it just keeps re-playing that one :confused: ;) :bowdown:

chakram.gif

ooooooooooooooh fab vid there, WGY. everything i love about eurovision, encapsulated in one vid, although for some reason my player keeps getting stuck at xena warrior princess singing for ukraine in 2004, i can't think why, it just keeps re-playing that one :confused: ;) :bowdown:

It is very noticeable that glam rock and big shoulders were an influence in the 70's
and at the beginning of the naughtys, dance and spectacle became prominent.
I remember Mr Wogan remarking when he observed a young contestant performing
with her skimpy underwear showing above the waistline of her trousers... perhaps
she is under the misapprehension that this is the Eurovision thong contest ..
Oh we did laugh with old Terry.

OMG i jumped into your party and posted and then ran away and never came back to see the RESULTS! how silly was that!!! OH thank you Lynda for mentioning me! I am sorry I only saw this now! I WANT THAT CHARM!!! THANK YOU! will PM you now! hope you still have it......

yay!! I just PM you a few seconds ago:D

Top Bottom