SEASON 147 - BABY BEV'S LATE-1960s UKE PARTY

Ooh, fun theme! Would you have heard Thames/London TV where you were?

Great version, Pa. Never heard the original song, except for the cartoon you referenced. Both his names begin with L, right? :)

"Little Arrows" - Leapy Lee

Well that's got to be the fastest "working out the chords to upload" I've ever done!

A bit of fun with a 1968 hit parade and radio favourite... "Little Arrows" by Leapy Lee featuring the latest love of my life, Moose the lurcher (just for you Lynda) :D

Ey brethren! Here's my take on Wonderful World Beautiful People by Jimmy Cliff straight off the charts from 1969. It has a bit of plate reverb for that old school reggae feel.

Thanks for the great idea this season, Bev. Late 60s rules.

SOTU 147 - Hurdy Gurdy Man

Don't know what the hell it is but here is #20 from the top 40 chart the week I was born - June 8, 1968.

Of course the kids were on hand to help.

Bev - love your original song and lyrics

pabrizzer - don't know your trivia question but loved your playing and singing

wee ginga - um. my dear Finnish friend. the end of your video. Why, man, WHY?!?! haha

mikef - great stuff. didn't know that song before but really enjoyed it.

xommen - my NL friend you seemed to capture the 'scorchingness' of this classic song

bigdaddy - that's the happiest version of this song i've ever heard. it works!

wooooooooooo! everyone! what a great start to the season!

fabulous songs, thrilled to get some eurovision in the mix, loving everything, i'm gonna just do comments on youtube, hope that's ok. i'm loving these songs, such a great time for music, and i'm loving it all even more when it's brought to me on uke! yeah baby!

If you want a bit more detail/inspiration, here are the links to the official UK Top 40 charts for each week from 1/1/1967 onwards:

Top 40 Official Singles Chart UK Archive 1967

Top 40 Official Singles Chart UK Archive 1968

Top 40 Official Singles Chart UK Archive 1969
paul thanks so much for that, i'm gonna add to the intro post, hope that is ok, you rock :rock:

Ooh, fun theme! Would you have heard Thames/London TV where you were?
yes yes yes thames tv remember the theme thingy so well

Play in true BEV fashion...12.7 seconds!!
oh no i don't think so, i don't want anything THAT slow! :eek: ;)

Bev - love your original song and lyrics
thank you so much! and please keep up the comments here on the thread if you can and feel in the mood too, it makes me feel much better about being superduper lazy and just posting my comments over on youtube! :cheers:

thanks again everyone, keep 'em coming, this is all so hip and happening, i can feel the love. and the peace. and the eurovision!

and i've set up a playlist

Well that's got to be the fastest "working out the chords to upload" I've ever done!
A bit of fun with a 1968 hit parade and radio favourite... "Little Arrows" by Leapy Lee

Oh Mike, Mike, Mike....I remember that song! It was so fun!

This is a powerful time of music for me; I changed a lot in those years. To show you, here are pics of me in 1968 (hs grad), 1969 uni dorm) and 1970.

G HS grad 1968.jpgGinny dorm 1969.jpgGinny 1970.jpg

wee ginga - um. my dear Finnish friend. the end of your video. Why, man, WHY?!?! haha

You would have had to have lived in the 60's to get the reference...
You see Sandy Shaw always used to sing barefoot

article-1313780-0B44BE5E000005DC-614_472x311.jpg

Yay! the music of my high school years- so many memories. About to head off into the land of no wifi. I hope to resurface in a few days. Have tons of fun guys. I hope to catch up and post something later in the week when I have access to the internetz once again. Aloha!

I think this uke standard might be one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Sorry I had to sing to accompany the uke playing!

Thanks for the killer season idea. It let me finally get around to putting serious time into upping my game with more challenging songs.

Last edited:
You would have had to have lived in the 60's to get the reference...
You see Sandy Shaw always used to sing barefoot

View attachment 73831

I had the privilege of working with Sandie Shaw on her 1986 tour. She was wearing shoes by then :) It was years later though before I realised that that was her stage name - Sandy Shore, geddit?

OK... I love this theme. Some of my favorite music is from the late '60s, when I was a lad. Here's "Sunshine of Your Love" (1967), the first of several I plan for the week.

I overdubbed a bass line and second vocal on top of the original uke + vocal take.

I used a special camera angle in honor of our host:

Last edited:
I had the privilege of working with Sandie Shaw on her 1986 tour. She was wearing shoes by then :) It was years later though before I realised that that was her stage name - Sandy Shore, geddit?

No.,,..,,..

Top Bottom