Season 148 "Three Score and Ten"

Happy birthday, Geoff! I'm not participating this week because I'm traveling, but I wanted to point you to an old Broadway musical called "70, Girls, 70." You'll find it on Spotify.

The comic title song is the best; it has this:
"You're gonna love it when you turn three score and ten...
you'll get the feeling there and then that your life is starting all over again."

Surely not.
thanks. i didn't think they could be

Hey man...no way would they do stuff...you know..? Stuff like that man .......too heavy....... no man they was too busy tripping ...like maybe going far out places ...tripping ...you dig ....??? On a bus....or a train.....or one o them Chinese boats ....Junk. Yeah ...
oh yeah. DAY tripping. didn't we have a luvverly time the day we went to thingy. yeah that's what they were doing!

A little Snowflakealele
Only found in Canada?!

View attachment 74216
that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! :bowdown:

Sorry Geoff ,the opening credits tell the sad and sorry story...
I got a song all lined up to do from 1944 ,and it is quite a good'un...but
this little blighter kept popping up and getting in the way....but no matter how I tried
I cannot make it relevant to 70...so Thornton Rule Applied....

God bless Alan Thornton and all who sail in him..on him...with him.

i know tootler LOVES eurovision, so here is "all kinds of everything", which won eurovision for ireland in 1970

yeah!

oh hold on, tootler detests eurovision with a passion :eek: it's me that loves it :uhoh:

oh well never mind ;) here it is anyway!

SOTU 148 - Three Score And Ten - SCUC Holiday Wishes

. . . A song by someone born in 1944 (or a band they are associated with).

The story, "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" was first written in 1939, and best known from the release by Gene Autry's recording and number one hit in 1949. "But do you recall," when the most famous reindeer of all was born? Well, if we equate animation to a born-on date, you guessed it! 1944 - Same at Tootler! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tootler and Holiday Wishes, too. Here is "Star City Ukulele Circle's Holiday Wishes" to you and all the other fellow Seasonistas here in SOTU sung to the tune of "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer." (Hope this wasn't too much of a reach for "Three Score and Ten" :rulez:

Last edited:
Sorry Geoff ,the opening credits tell the sad and sorry story...
I got a song all lined up to do from 1944 ,and it is quite a good'un...but
this little blighter kept popping up and getting in the way....but no matter how I tried
I cannot make it relevant to 70...so Thornton Rule Applied....

God bless Alan Thornton and all who sail in him..on him...with him.

http://youtu.be/nTQGl9Ak4XQ?list=UU5mGTv9Rr1VuUM1EaFsCaVg

I'm sure the man in Black must have sung it sometime during his 70th year. So, qualifies.

Afterthought: 97 is 79 with dyslexia (cf Tina's entry) which is 70 + 9 QED :nana:

You're just not being creative enough, CJ.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday for this week Tootler.
Hope you keep tootlin' and strummin' for many more birthdays.

John Sebastian was born in 1970.
Markwo has already done a terrific take on this one but I've always loved the song and gave it a went as well.
Daydeam -

Hoping to record a vid this afternoon but my throat feels like I've been gargling razor blades for a month so it could be interesting.

i know tootler LOVES eurovision, so here is "all kinds of everything", which won eurovision for ireland in 1970

yeah!

oh hold on, tootler detests eurovision with a passion :eek: it's me that loves it :uhoh:

oh well never mind ;) here it is anyway!

Is Minnie the Minx in the Dandy or the Beano? And for how long have you been their inspiration ?

Tootler loves euro vision..oh no ,that's me Big LOLs

Hope I die before I get old

Roger Daltrey was born in 1944. He first sang this in 1965, the year the young Geoff Walker attained his majority. I can imagine a young tootler (tootlettino?) throwing a few shapes when this came on :)

Very busy week for me btw: 4 christmas gigs in a row - & tonight's our 2nd appearance at London's legendary 100 Club! - so that's a one-take; & all from me till next week. Have fun folks!!

Last edited:
Dear Pops,

I call our host 'Pops' because he has something in common with my own father here on this week. My dad also turned 70 this week. Back on the 12th, Dad turned 70. He was also born in 1944. My dad and our host could have been classmates at school.

The day after I'd sent my dad birthday greeting via e-mail from the other side of the world, I asked him to suggest a song for me for the week (thereby relieving me of the most difficult task of SOTU: picking a song). Yeah... well... his response was "don't pick something from 1944. It was a crappy year for music."

Looking at that year, one man dominated the charts. Four of the top five charted tunes were from Bing Crosby. So 1944 was the year of Bing Crosby.

Last night, I was on a boat on the Yangon River. I sang a Bing Crosby tune. Per the Thornton rule, that makes it a 1944 song...

Roger Daltrey was born in 1944. He first sang this in 1965, the year the young Geoff Walker attained his majority. I can imagine a young tootler (tootlettino?) throwing a few shapes when this came on :)

Trivia: I was watching Juke Box Jury with David Jacobs when with a smirk he played
this for the jury to vote on. Now one of the panelist (Patrick ??? somebody or another )
had a stammer and when the F-f-f-f-fade away come on, his eyes nearly popped out his
head, since he thought Jacobs was taking the piss. Must have been the first time a
stammer was featured on a record.

Trivia: I was watching Juke Box Jury with David Jacobs when with a smirk he played
this for the jury to vote on. Now one of the panelist (Patrick ??? somebody or another )
had a stammer and when the F-f-f-f-fade away come on, his eyes nearly popped out his
head, since he thought Jacobs was taking the piss. Must have been the first time a

And didn't we just used to love it when Roger Daltrey sang F-f-f-f-fade away. :smileybounce:

Today didn't quite go to plan. My wife had ordered a replacement for a IKEA cupboard where she keeps her quilting & knitting stuff so we had arranged for a charity shop to take the old one. Well they came this morning and decided they didn't want it after all so I spent this morning dismantling a large IKEA cupboard and loading into the car and we took it to the local recycling centre after lunch. One way and another that meant much of the day gone and we were invited out this evening so I didn't manage to listen to any entries today. I should get some time tomorrow to catch up though - says he hopefully (see next paragraph) :biglaugh:

The new cupboard is supposed to be delivered tomorrow so there may be some reorganising of furniture needed and guess who will be needed to help?

Last edited:
Is Minnie the Minx in the Dandy or the Beano? And for how long have you been their inspiration ?
i dunno what you mean!!!!! i'm a good girl, i am! and i'm in the beano oops no SHE! she's in the beano :uhoh:

and phew tootler hasn't seen my vid yet and may be busy with flat pack furniture until oooooooooooooooh i dunno how long do those things take typically? six months? i might not get that good telling off that i'm in store for, until june! :cool:

Patrick Campbell?

3 Score and 10 .....70 so a Blues called No Beginning No End.....

played and improvised to a 70 BPM on the EZ Drummer Track.

Recorded into Cubase and then a little distortion( Fender Blues Amp with a little Crunch ....to be honest God knows what that means ....I just press buttons until I get a sound that I like ) added ..and a little reverb ...just to give a slightly more "Chicago" sound...(oops the rest is a bit adult and best read on the YOOTOOB thingy)

Top Bottom