Song Help Request Simpler tab version of lennon's imagine

Recstar24

Reaction score
I'm looking for a TAB of imagine but a very basic, all in first position version, as an easy intro to fingerpicking and reading tab for my music students. The tabs from dominator and Aldrine look great but would be too difficult for their ability - basically it needs to stay in 1st position, and essentially just outline the chords, no melody interweaving. Thank you!

https://app.box.com/s/azkvi366n3eqtq8020w8

This is Brad Bordessa's version. It's the easiest of the versions that I have. I don't remember where I got it but it was a free tab. I don't think the melody is possible to play entirely in the first position. You could simplify it by just having the student play the melody note or just two notes of the chord. I also have one from Colin Tribe which is not hard and which could easily be simplified but it does have more interweaving melody and counterpoint. It also uses more than the first position.

Are the tabs for the Jack Johnson version available out there?

Thanks

Stuart Fuchs was at the Milwaukee Ukefest this past November and he handed out a simpler arrangement of Imagine as part of his seminar. Check out his website stufuchs.com. I see he has it for sale for $5. Since this is for education purposes, perhaps he can let you have a copy. I would send to you, but this is a copyrighted arrangement by Stu. By the way, I play and love Dominator's arrangement.

Stuart Fuchs was at the Milwaukee Ukefest this past November and he handed out a simpler arrangement of Imagine as part of his seminar. Check out his website stufuchs.com. I see he has it for sale for $5. Since this is for education purposes, perhaps he can let you have a copy. I would send to you, but this is a copyrighted arrangement by Stu. By the way, I play and love Dominator's arrangement.

Thank you! I'll check it out for sure.

Dominator's tabs on this are nice but perhaps not what you are looking for. http://dominator.ukeland.com/index2.shtml

Can someone tell me what the tabs in parenthesis mean? I've seen a few different uses of that, most commonly I think, to play those chords softly. Is that correct here?

Thanks

Top Bottom