Song Help Request Looking for cool, fun chord progressions

deschutestrout

Reaction score
Hey all ... I'm seeking some printable, cool sounding chord progressions and songs. I've seen a lot of youtube videos, etc. but would like easy access to fun ways to string chords together. Thanks!

I am not sure I understand what you mean but Hotel California and House of the rising sun both have distinctive chord progressions.

Dmaj7 to Gmaj7, repeat, then Gmin7 to A7.

Rinse and repeat.

(1) search and watch any of Aaron's Completed Work Demo Mya Moe videos on U0tube

(2) slow the video down to half speed (available on Google Chrome browser--just click the sprocket in lower R of each video)

(3) ape the man.

(4) repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngMilJEdQUs

Last edited:
C-5433 A7-6757 Dm7-5555 G7-4535 Em7-7777 Ebm7-6666 C#dim-3434 Dm6-4555

Using the chord shapes above, here are a couple of turn arounds in C:

C / A7 /, Dm7 / G7 /
C / Em7 Ebm7, Dm7 / G7 /
C / C#dim / , Dm7 / G7 /

Here's a swing blues in C. Use closed chords except for E7-1202
C / C7 /, F / F7 /, C / / /, C7 / / /,
F7 / / /, E7 / F7 B, C C#m7 Dm7 D#m7, Em7 Fm7 Em7 D#m7,
Dm7 / Dm6 /, Dm7 / G7 /, Two bar turn around - Choose your own from above.

Last edited:
Thanks for the progressions Jim! ... still learning my way around this great site, the song tab thread should keep me busy too.

please feel free to access the Practice Sheet chord progressions in my Ukulele Boot Camp (link in signature below) :)

keep uke'in',

http://www.doctoruke.com/whitechristmas.pdf

If someone has the chords to the introductory verse I would be obliged:

The sun is shining, the grass is green,
The orange and palm trees sway.
I've never seen such a day in Beverly Hills, L.A.,
But it's December the 24th
And I am longing to be up north.

Last edited:
How many beats on each chord, Bonesigh?

The Gerald Ross progression above is the third turnaround progression that I gave in my first post on this thread. The only difference is that he barres all four strings for the C chord, while I only barre the first two strings. His description of how to make it sound more "swingy"" is very usefull.

Last edited:
Happy continuing Christmas because I don't know how to really say it in English. Here's an oldie, but it's a goodie.
I don't intend to say what it is in the first place.
I prefer a beat around 180 bpm even though I've heard it in slower tempos. It's not a christmas tune...

4/4 I Gm I Gm I Gm I Gm I F7 I Bb G7 I C7 I F7 D7 I

I Gm I Gm I Gm I Gm I C7 I C7 I C7 I F7 D7 I

I G7 I G7 I C7 I C7 I F7 I F7 I Bb I Bb D7 I

I G7 I G7 I C7 I C7 I Eb Bbdim I Bb G7 I C7 F7 I Bb I

P.S. I realize I've probably made a mistake here, This is a complete tune. Not a new chord progression beg your pardon.

Last edited:
My go-to chord progression is this Hawaiian song.
I use it when testing out 'ukes in stores because it sounds like I know what I'm doing.
Here is Iz performing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1xd87d5qA

Edit: The chords didn't line up over the change but I'm too 'ukulazy to fix that.

C G C C7
Aloha wau ia o`e ku`uipo
F A7 D7
Ku`u lei momi ku milimili
E7 Am F
Ho ka heke o`e o na pua
C G7 C D7 G7 C G7
Ake ku`u puna ahe ihi po`i nei
(Repeat)

C G C C7
Ha`ole kamanao ke ike aku
F A7 D7
O maka palupalu me ke aloha
E7 Am F
E lo`e pili ia ike pu`u wai
C G7 C D7 G7 C G7
Ai nei i`e i`e na ka makua
(Repeat)

Instrumental:

C G C C7
Pu ana kai no`e o ku`uipo
F A7 D7
Ku`u lei nani lei makamae
E7 Am F
E no heo oe i kou maka
C G7 C D7 G7 C G7
E ka pua u`i u`i ona lani
(Repeat)

http://www.doctoruke.com/whitechristmas.pdf

If someone has the chords to the introductory verse I would be obliged:

And I am longing to be up north.

Hello, don't know if this is what your looking for, just a short intro with three chords and in another key too. So it will have to be transposed.
Beg your pardon Jim for bumping the thread.
I am "up north". Normally there's half a meter of snow here. But not today. Just some rain and water on the ice. No skiing - just jogging for me.

Last edited:
Sorry I did not answer until now. Busy, busy, you know. Okay, it the song is "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" but just use these chords and make your own song. I love the progression. I'd like to hear what you come up with too :)

How many beats on each chord, Bonesigh?

The Gerald Ross progression above is the third turnaround progression that I gave in my first post on this thread. The only difference is that he barres all four strings for the C chord, while I only barre the first two strings. His description of how to make it sound more "swingy"" is very usefull.

Top Bottom