My DIY Bass Uke is back in Action!

UkeNukem

Reaction score
Long time no see friends so greetings all! I have not been playing uke much in the last few years but bass guitar. That was an outgrouth of this project.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?44202-Yes-it-can-be-done

but I found for the music that group was doing I needed more "definition" so I picked up and Ibanez Mikro.

Fast forward to now (previous group never got of the ground) and I just joined a semi-electric folk/Indie group who went GA-GA over the bass uke when I showed up. The band leader said "I thought he meant he played bass and uke" to which I replied "Yes, I do!"

Anyway, last night we showed up for an open mic and played nine tunes straight through, no retakes, all from just two rehearsals. The others are BL/Front man on acoustic guitar, a lady singer on keys, a percussionis and myself. The othes have only been together a few months but the BL fronted a band recently in Orlando specializing in PAR-TAAYZ so I am excited to be joining just as it is coming toghether.

The set went fantastic. I plugged directly into a bass amp they had on stage and just before we started to play I hear from my left "Bass Uke, Cool!" For us it was a practice to play together on stage a string on tunes because only myself and the BL have stage experience.

The only thing I am noticing is the same problem I had before. I want to play more notes (passing tones and such) but it just does not work with the Pahoehoe strings so I will have to force myself to keep it simple.

So do any other thick string players have that problem? I even play with a pick to get more definition.

Hopefully you see my reply on the other thread, but, the forum had a crash a few weeks ago and a lot of photos were lost, just re-upload them and that should do it.

Top Bottom