FS: 1930s Martin soprano S1

Jeffisme

Reaction score
I've had this for a couple of years and had some repairs done to the bridge. Parts of it were also refinished. It's in great shape, except that a couple of the tuners tend to slip and it probably needs restringing as I have a hard time keeping it in tune. I've added two strap buttons.

Comes with the original cloth case. $275 plus shipping.

martina.jpg

martib.jpg

martic.jpg

Doug, you're a fast draw and beat me to it. If you don't buy it, I will.

This is actually from 1920 or earlier. 5-7-9 fret markers only lasted until about 1921. The bridge might be original, the earlier ones are more square but it's tough to tell from the photos.

Tigershark, you are correct I believe. It was just sold, thanks.
speaking of vintage ukes though. I have listed this a few times without any takers. If someone is interested for the same $275 please let me know. A luthier here in Portland believes it is an original Nunes (no label inside). I find the frets a little too small but otherwise, it's fine.

ukeback.jpg, ukefront.jpg, hedback.jpg, hedfront.jpg

Interesting selection of books ... :agree:

Interesting selection of books ... :agree:

Yea.........dirtestkidever best make sure his end of the deal goes smooth or he might get waterboarded then end up in the middle of Siberia

It is. In the meantime, I am dropping the price on the Nunes to $175 to give this and it a bump.

my fault. apologies. the martin has been sold (but is now for sale on ebay) The nunes is still here. Perhaps I should just start a separate thread for it.

Top Bottom