Amazon Echo amazes!

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
I hope someone was able to get this under the tree. I got mine a couple days ago...amazing in so many ways. Let me know if you got one and your thoughts. I find it to be so much more than in this video...for instance, free NPR news feeds, Amazon Prime free music, and over 100 internet radio stations. I adore music, so it's on constantly.

Last edited:
Amazing yes, but I am unsure of what I think about it, I am sort of just sitting in stunned silence right now.

Echo how do I feel about this right now ? Echo ?

Amazing yes, but I am unsure of what I think about it, I am sort of just sitting in stunned silence right now.

Echo how do I feel about this right now ? Echo ?
Seriously, stunned silence was my first reaction, too. Be sure to tell me your second reaction.

I've learned the voice remote works via wifi, not infrared. So, I can keep it in my adjoining bedroom, Echo in livingroom, and I can request songs and dial up the volume from bed!

Last edited:
God, if I hear "I don't know the answer to your question but I've added a link to a Bing search in your Echo app" one more time, I think I'm going to eat my cat.

Just what I need. Another know-it-all yapping at me.

OMG I just realized that Big Brother actually lives in The Cloud.... so will our RFID chips be paired to ubiquitous versions of this after we have accepted how convenient and useful they are? "Hear you anywhere"... and where does the camera fit? The NSA is brilliant.

OMG I just realized that Big Brother actually lives in The Cloud.... so will our RFID chips be paired to ubiquitous versions of this after we have accepted how convenient and useful they are? "Hear you anywhere"... and where does the camera fit? The NSA is brilliant.
True, Teek.

Unless we put our smartphones in a soundproof box whenever we're not on them, they hear us, too.

I don't know a whole lot about this device beyond the CNET review, but what little I do know reminds me a bit of the movie "Her." Hope you and Alexa are enjoying the holiday! :)

Thank you, friend. Same to you, please. �� I wish I were in sunnier climes like your California. You and I and Alexa could play ukuleles on the beach.

Last edited:
You know, I loved the movie Her, but I hate Siri.. This would probably make a good movie but a miserable bitch around the house.

Last edited:
God, if I hear "I don't know the answer to your question but I've added a link to a Bing search in your Echo app" one more time, I think I'm going to eat my cat.

best slow roasted with a teriyaki barbecue sauce. (think huli huli chicken)

You know, I loved the movie Her, but I hate Siri.. This is would probably make a good movie but a miserable bitch around the house.

With you all the way on this. I've been stubbornly holding onto my ancient iPhone 4 due to its lack of Siri - the world around me is chatty enough without an inanimate object yapping at me.

H
With you all the way on this. I've been stubbornly holding onto my ancient iPhone 4 due to its lack of Siri - the world around me is chatty enough without an inanimate object yapping at me.

Oh, oh. I think Alexa and Siri have been talking behind my back. They're both insistent that I stop all communications with "nonbelievers".

Just to prove that I am an independent thinker, and can't be bossed around, I turned off my phone and unplugged Echo for a thirty-minute "time out". It's like disciplining a couple of genius toddlers. 👯

Top Bottom