Hockey fans, post your favorite team.

hammer40

Reaction score
Do we have any hockey fans here? I've been a hockey fan my whole life, grew up watching and rooting for the Blackhawks. I've been around for some lean years, so I've been really enjoying these last few years. This year looks promising as well, go hawks!

Last edited:
I've been a kings fan all my life. I'm glad they're finally a great team! I remember watching that famous 2005 Kings-Stars game (look it up) and screaming at the TV as if it could hear me...

1. Sharks
2. Kings
3. Blackhawks
4. Capitals

I've been a kings fan all my life. I'm glad they're finally a great team! I remember watching that famous 2005 Kings-Stars game (look it up) and screaming at the TV as if it could hear me...

Well, I wasn't to happy with the the Kings vs.Hawks series last year. We had it, then let it get away. I knew either way, the winner of that series was going to have the cup. The Kings got it.

Mine is the mid 80's Oilers. Gretzky, Kurri, Coffey, Messier (THE best player ever), Fuhr and so many more. A delight to watch.

Them or the North Stars when they had Gump Worsley in the net.

Yah, I'm old!

Mine is the mid 80's Oilers. Gretzky, Kurri, Coffey, Messier (THE best player ever), Fuhr and so many more. A delight to watch.

Them or the North Stars when they had Gump Worsley in the net.

Yah, I'm old!

Yep, the oilers had a good run back then. Gump Worsley, man that goes back!

I saw the Whalers play in the old Boston Gahden (the Whalers' home during the first year of the WHA and before they became the Hartford Whalers), back when getting tickets to see the Bruins was impossible. I'm still a Bruins fan (by birth), but I live in the Bay Area now so I also follow the Sharks a little bit (and I saw them play in the San Francisco Cow Palace during their first year in the NHL).

Had seasons tickets during the Oilers 80's run, hard to beat, but my heart is and always will be with the Habs !

I lived in Hamilton, Ontario for a couple of years when a kid so I was surrounded by Maple Leaf lovers. Since moving to San Jose, I became a Sharks fan, but still root for the Leafs, too.

I'm still hopeful the Sharks will make the playoffs this year, but it's not looking too good right now.

I'm not a hockey fan, so I don't get it. Maybe I should have asked somebody last night.
During our open mic performances, which most of us are very supportive of, there was a damn TV on in the bar/restaurant, and DURING the performances, several people would just rip into applause and cheering, not for the performer, but for the hockey players. I thought it was rude, and wanted to suggest they go home if they want to watch hockey, not interrupt our playing/singing.....these were Uke Club members! What gives? Hockey fans, would YOU do this?

Leafs.

I never had a chance to choose teams, my parents and older siblings were Leaf fans, and by the time I could be aware there even was a choice the indoctrination was complete. I barely remember the last time the Leafs won the cup, though one can watch highlights online nowadays to help one remember. It's been a strange history but I live in hope that the Leafs will rise again.

I also have a general interest in other "original six" teams and Canadian teams. Winnipeg would be my second favourite I suppose. I don't hate the Habs, as seems to be the rule if you like the Leafs, rather, I hate (well, dislike) Washington, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and the Florida and California teams.

There are too many NHL teams, the ice is too small, 4 on 4 hockey is fantastic, the season is too long, and there are too many zebras on the ice in this age of video everything.

Leafs.

There are too many NHL teams, the ice is too small, 4 on 4 hockey is fantastic, the season is too long, and there are too many zebras on the ice in this age of video everything.

Changes I would make: do away with shootouts and penalty shots. Shootouts are just crowd pumps and don't reflect the skill of the team, which is (thankfully) why they aren't done in the playoffs. Penalty shots are the same thing, one guy against the goalie. Just award a power play.

What infuriates me is when video shows a bad call by the refs, the call isn't reversed. The NFL reverses bad calls all the time, why not the NHL?

A strategy that puzzles me is pulling the goalie. Empty net goals are more common than goals scored by having the extra man. The exception would be if the leading team has a man in the penalty box, then a 6 on 4 makes sense.

I would like a Canadian team to win the Cup this year. Looks like it's up to the Habs, as of today...

Changes I would make: do away with shootouts and penalty shots. Shootouts are just crowd pumps and don't reflect the skill of the team, which is (thankfully) why they aren't done in the playoffs. Penalty shots are the same thing, one guy against the goalie. Just award a power play.

What infuriates me is when video shows a bad call by the refs, the call isn't reversed. The NFL reverses bad calls all the time, why not the NHL?

A strategy that puzzles me is pulling the goalie. Empty net goals are more common than goals scored by having the extra man. The exception would be if the leading team has a man in the penalty box, then a 6 on 4 makes sense.

I would like a Canadian team to win the Cup this year. Looks like it's up to the Habs, as of today...

Gillian, I absolutely agree on the shoot outs. I hated it from the start, why would you have the result of the game rest on a non hockey play. In baseball when there is a tie at the end of nine, they don't have a home run derby. Basketball doesn't go to a three point shooting contest, non sport plays should never be the answer.

As for pulling the goalie, yes, most times it doesn't work but that is the risk. Your going to loose anyway so 1 more goal against doesn't matter, and you might just get the one you need, it happens. The Hawks just had a close one against the Wild, up 4 to 1, late in the game and a penalty with the pulled goalie and they came all the way back to 4-3., and almost tied it at the last second.

I can't go along with the Habs, I'm a Hawk fan and a Chicagoan, so the best you get is an original six match up with the Hawks winning over the Habs.

Yes, I agree about shoot-outs too. It's anti-team, anti-hockey, victimizes the goalie, and pretty much negates the previous 65 minutes of play. Either end the game at 60 minutes or make every single game sudden death limitless overtime.

Top Bottom