Season 151 Break ups & their aftermath

Am I the only one that finds it amazing that we got along fine before all the wendy directions?!

We're 151 seasons in--at this point, the pedanticism can come across a bit strong. Hawaii time is a quirk of the seasons that has been, and will continue to be, confusing to everybody including seasonista veterans (don't ask me what time it is in Western Mongolia when it's midnight in Hawaii, because I have no idea), which is why we generally don't bother making a big deal out of it. Doing otherwise might be intimidating to the new people trying to enter. It's good to keep an eye on the seasons rules (I mean, someone has to and Lord knows that person will never be me :D), but I suppose there must be a balance between knowing the rule book and actively hitting people on the head with it.

Last edited:
Here's what I just posted over in Season 150 ... which still has one full day and 6.5 hours to go!

Just a quick note to be sure everyone knows that, although the Season 151 theme has been posted so you can prepare for it, there is still one full day plus nearly 7 hours to go for Season 150! So if you were planning an entry there, there is still plenty of time.

Seasons are EIGHT DAYS and overlap by one full day ... so Season 151 starts 7 hours from now - at midnight Sunday morning Hawaii time, 2am Sunday PST, 5am Sunday EST, 10am Sunday UK time, 11am Sunday in Europe, and some time late Sunday in Australasia.

Season 150 ends Monday morning at midnight Hawaii time, 2am Monday PST, 5am Monday EST, 10am Monday UK time, 11am Monday in Europe, and some time late Monday in Australasia - 24 hours AFTER Season 151 begins.

[Click on the two links above to see the start and end times in your local time zone.]

Right now it is still Season 150 ONLY ... in 6.5 hours you will have one full day with BOTH Seasons open ... and then Season 150 will close and Season 151 will continue for 7 more days.

So please keep posting your wonderful entries for Season 150 ... and in a few more hours, you can start posting here in Season 151 too!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wendy, Please give it a rest! This is sooooo juvenile and I will speak for many. Stop!

I meant to post more frequent timing notices this week than I did, and especially today ... but I was out. Hopefully now it's a bit clearer.

Good Grief!

Last edited:
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wendy, Please give it a rest! This is sooooo juvenile and I will speak for many. Stop!

Good Grief!

Large colored fonts can be seen in much the same way by many.

You understand right. Im just tired. So tired I won't explain myself.

Then get some sleep its three hours later. Maybe after a nap this will all seem so silly to you as well.

Wow I couldn't put a smiley after this it seems your quote has used up my emoticons per post quota.

~peace~

Uh Oh soupking - you just earned yourself a 45 minute lecture from UkeCan1 on posting times...
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doh! Sorry, guys.
dude, we all mess up with the start and stop sometimes!

the official line is - WHO REALLY GIVES A.............. uh............... A TINKER'S CUSS?!

it's a tradition, a fascinating quirk, but we are here for laughs, fun and frolics, and no one really cares. if you post at the wrong time on purpose, we will indeed spank you, unless you might like that, in which case we won't, but if it's by accident, really, no one cares. if you're new, we love you, and let you get away with it. if you're established, we love you, and we let you get away with it too!

Large colored fonts can be seen in much the same way by many.

Then get some sleep its three hours later. Maybe after a nap this will all seem so silly to you as well.

Wow I couldn't put a smiley after this it seems your quote has used up my emoticons per post quota.

~peace~
you know, for people that are here on the seasons all the time, and very familiar with the fact that wendy does post ALOT about the start times and stop times, and tries to tell us oldies basically how to suck eggs, and makes out like no newbie ever managed to get it right before without her holding their hand - well actually we all did - it can be infuriating, and linda has a perfect right to be infuriated and to express that infuriation

I need to write a song now as I do not expect to win maybe a ditty or limerick?

Please do. I have given you enough material and I have a great sense of humor. If you knew me you would know that.

When someone publicly spews they are opening themselves up to be a target. I am well aware I did that:)

PS, I have left you enough room now for you to have three emoticons.

Great theme Berni, this novice will give this song writing malarky a bash where a ukes concerned.

Re: Season timing..........its not hard work........a new Season goes up on Sunday here and temporarily we are then spoilt for choice to be able to post our toons on two threads......it should be celebrated !! Lol

Last edited:
Barbablanca, Does it have to be a freshly written lyrics? Or can I use lyrics that I wrote some time ago, yet never put to music? I'm not a very experienced song writer, and putting these lyrics to music may take a week! lol I don't know if I can come up with fresh lyrics and a tune. Either way is fine. I'm a good sport. I just thought I'd as since these lyrics go so well with the theme. It also motivates me to complete the song.

I am totally going to write a song now called Tinker's Cuss. Even though I have no idea what that means. And I'm not a songwriter. And it probably wouldn't fit the theme of the week anyway. INSPIRATION!
lol!

we also say "couldn't give a monkey's"

but

i'm not sure WHAT of a monkey!!!!!!!!

so yeah, probabably best to stick with tinker's cuss!

What a cool prize! Would love to attempt to write a song just for the the thought of having a Baritone. Thanks for the motivation!

Are we talking about tinker as in Tinker Bell? 'Cause my youngest loves that little fairy.
it's tinker as in travelling metal worker. yeah. he'd mend your pots and pans. and, apparently, swear like a trooper, hence a tinker's cuss, or curse, is a thing of such little value

maybe not a subject to exactly enthral your average little disney princess :confused:

it's tinker as in travelling metal worker. yeah. he'd mend your pots and pans. and, apparently, swear like a trooper, hence a tinker's cuss, or curse, is a thing of such little value

maybe not a subject to exactly enthral your average little disney princess :confused:

I know so very little about the English language. And my wife was a literary major!

And, of course, "swear like a trooper" 'cos soldiers were also notorious for their bad language.

Disney princess! Dont get me started! My granddaughter loves Sophie the 1st on the Disney channel so at one point over Christmas, we were subjected to wall to wall S1, nauseous little so and so that she is. :( We eventually had to say "enough's enough" so she ended up with my iPad watching goodness only knows what on You Tube - and it wasn't seasons videos, either :)

Thanks for the theme Berni...know a thing or two about a thing or two about this theme. Been such a long time since I participated in the seasons so hope y'all don't mind me parking a tune here for the week. This isn't an original, but I daresay I'll come up with something later on. In the meantime, here's a little bit of Ukulele Ike for the bonus bin. Cheers folks.

Are we talking about tinker as in Tinker Bell? 'Cause my youngest loves that little fairy.

A Tinker is another word for Gypsy, and you generally what to avoid curses from them.
And it is always the Uncle of a Monkey that you should ignore.

Top Bottom