Season 151 Break ups & their aftermath

O
And, of course, "swear like a trooper" 'cos soldiers were also notorious for their bad language.

Disney princess! Dont get me started! My granddaughter loves Sophie the 1st on the Disney channel so at one point over Christmas, we were subjected to wall to wall S1, nauseous little so and so that she is. :( We eventually had to say "enough's enough" so she ended up with my iPad watching goodness only knows what on You Tube - and it wasn't seasons videos, either :)
Thankfully we've managed to keep our girls in the dark regarding Sophie the 1st! They seem to be moving on from princess and fairy obsessed to dolphin obsessed, though I still can't get them to pick up a ukulele.

Whay, Jon. Good to see you here again.

Thankyou brother Geoff.

Just on the time thing...after I had a go at Brian about 90odd seasons back, I regretted it so much and the debacle that followed, I resolved never to give a rat's ass or a flying f*** about that kinda stuff again.

Tinker's cuss is the expletive for today Jon-o! Try to keep up mate. Cracking good bit of Ike there my friend- lefty
Just on the time thing...after I had a go at Brian about 90odd seasons back, I regretted it so much and the debacle that followed, I resolved never to give a rat's ass or a flying f*** about that kinda stuff again.

Tinker's cuss is the expletive for today Jon-o! Try to keep up mate. Cracking good bit of Ike there my friend- lefty

Cheers mate. I'll see your tinker's cuss and raise you a Pope's Poop

- Pancho

Take your partners and we'll see who's standing when the uke stops playing The Breakup Waltz.

This will just be a bonus if I get a song with lyrics written this week please Berni.

Last edited:
homemade breakup song...

"can't get over you baby"

can't get over you baby
can't get over you
can't get over you baby
can't get over you
you know it's true
oh what did you do to me

you're in my blood
i can't let go
i can't move on
i love you so

oh baby, come back to me
oh baby, come back to me, yeah
oh baby, come back to me
oh baby, come back to me

i'm begging you
i'm on my knees
oh baby, please
i can't live without you
there's something about you
no can replace
no one can take your place

oh baby baby, please
i still think about you
all night long
i'm nothing without you
everything is wrong

come back to me
i'll make it right
i'll please you baby
all through the night, yeah
come back to me
i'll make it good
i'll please you baby
just like i should have done before

like i should have done before

if you wanna join in, chords are B A G A, on an endless loop, over and over, and then over a bit more, until it stops

yeah

i dunno why i did this on my bari, it shows i have one, and implies that i am not in urgent need of the prize

cf480268e9886d9eb4a70087dd316850.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i had a race on with pa as to who could post first!!!!!!!!!!

pooksville!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and GAH!

:iwant:

LOL pa that was fun!

YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown:

See you win BEV cause my time says :00 even though I did post when my computer said 9:01pm my time.

and your song has lyrics.

Last edited:
well that's very sweet of you pa! but i reckon you still win, it's only just now, with you telling me it's :01 that you have to aim for, not :00, that i even knew that! who cares about that minute! i think the universe might very well implode on itself if you're not first, so i feel safer this way anyway!

And ... Pabrizzer has posted (Lynda too, but alas, a minute late!). That can only mean one thing:

It is just past midnight Hawaii time Sunday morning, and Season 151 is underway! You have eight full days starting now to enter here.

Meanwhile, Season 150 is also still open for the next 24 hours ... so still plenty of time to post your New Jersey song and/or first-time Seasons entry if you haven't yet!

Barbablanca, Does it have to be a freshly written lyrics? Or can I use lyrics that I wrote some time ago, yet never put to music? I'm not a very experienced song writer, and putting these lyrics to music may take a week! lol I don't know if I can come up with fresh lyrics and a tune. Either way is fine. I'm a good sport. I just thought I'd as since these lyrics go so well with the theme. It also motivates me to complete the song.

As long as the song is fresh for me and recently recorded, it fits the general "rules" of the seasons. It doesn't have to be a new song. But the theme is designed so that anyone who hasn't written a song might fancy having a go, since we have all been through break ups.

I am totally going to write a song now called Tinker's Cuss. Even though I have no idea what that means. And I'm not a songwriter. And it probably wouldn't fit the theme of the week anyway. INSPIRATION!

Oh, I can easily imagine an embittered ex-lover saying "I don't give a tinker's curse" for you. But then revealing, as the song progresses, that he really does. Go for it! Indeed that is an emotional response to a break up that is common and I expect to hear a lot of this week.

Aww, man. I'm going to do my best for this one. I really miss my old bari I had back in the States, and would love to get my hands on another one. Unfortunately, I've never seen one either being sold or even played here in SE Asia. I also went through a pretty significant break up with an ex-wife... so I should have some spiritual fodder I can tap into...

Wow, Sunday was not an hour old in Hawaii and we had had some great entries already. I am going to try and keep up as best as I can (given that I still need to proofread a 30,000 word translation this week. :rolleyes: ). So, without further ado here are my first comments:

Soup King (Matty Campbell).
A good start to the Season. This song has a deceptively happy little hypnotic chord sequence that masks a melancholy melody and apparently simple lyrics that mask a profound message about how time flies and our lives are over before you know it. Well, you’re winning so far ;)

Eugene

Jon, great to have you back. I must admit I was half thinking of tempting you back when I chose the theme. On the strength of your recent poems, I reckoned you’d have some great break up stories to tell, sadly.

This non-original is a great break up and aftermath song and I'm pleased it was you who got to kick off the list of covers. Big hugs from Catalonia.

Pabrizzer Instrumental

There is certainly a melancholy to this waltz. Indeed, the idea of a “break up waltz” is inherently in tension, since the waltz is associated with intimacy. I hope you do get around to writing a song later in the week. There is lots of time. Meanwhile, thanks for demonstrating to our instrumental loving friends (Val, etc) that they are also welcome to my Season. Something I think I forgot to mention in my intro.

Birds Eye View of my Ukulele

Hey “vista d’ocell” is back!
Great pop break up song, well within the tradition of all the breakup songs I was thinking of when I proposed the theme. I love the way your pleading gets sexual towards the end. “Look I’m so desperate to have you back, I’ll even do those things which you wanted to do and I didn’t ever fancy doing!” – Ah, yes! That’s where pleading and our dignity part company ;)

A “desperate” melody echoes the theme well and I love the good driving “acoustic punk” feel to the accompaniment too! But what else would we expect from you?
----------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to hearing more over the week!

Peace & Love from Catalonia - where the sun is shining and a stranger just rang to say they had found our missing mobile phone - hooray!

Last edited:
It might seem strange, but I really have no experience with this subject. I am happily married for more then 20 years to my first real girlfriend. We do fight sometimes, and that is where this song is coming from. It is called I don't want to break up (which brings it in to the theme I hope ;)) Lyrics are here: http://www.vanommen.net/idontwanttobreakup.pdf.

As Berni is both a word and a music person, I wanted to mention that I'd not heard tinker's cuss, till now. Tinker's damn, yes, from the dam, or material used to control the repair solder flow, then thrown away. (now useless, worth nothing) ( I remember watching my father repair a metal basin with a a large soldering iron heated over a fire. I don't remember a dam, but there were a lot of "damns" when he was around)

The "cuss", as has been pointed out, could have derived separately from the swearing habits of the tinkers/ tinsmiths.

I prefer, as Jon used, "rat's ass", and have for quite a long time. I don't know why, and don't really give a ... Sorry, I am at a loss for words ...

Now back to your regularly scheduled program ...

I need some space: The Aftermath

Sat down and wrote this original this morning ,using all the male stereotype, that I could come up with.

Lyrics:
I’m going to take a pee and not lift up the toilet seat
Drink straight from the milk carton and make noises when I eat
Things will get much better when I can do what I like
And in a week or two, I’ll be glad you took a hike.

My underwear I’ll wear for a week and not hear you shout.
Don’t have to change my socks I can wear them inside out
Squeeze toothpaste from the middle, forget to wash the brush
Squash my spuds in my gravey and make them into a mush

I’ll lie in bed fully clothed until good God know when
Drink 12 can of cheap bear then go back to bed again
Don’t have to mow the lawn always found that to be a drag
Don’ have to take the dog for a walk or put his poop in a bag

I can sit in front of the TV with my hands down my pants
And when it comes to scratching I can do just what I wants
I can smoke and drink, fight and cuss, dance all over the place.
And I really do appreciate that you think we need some space.

Sat down and wrote this original this morning ,using all the male stereotype, that I could come up with.

Lyrics:
I’m going to take a pee and not lift up the toilet seat
Drink straight from the milk carton and make noises when I eat
Things will get much better when I can do what I like
And in a week or two, I’ll be glad you took a hike.

My underwear I’ll wear for a week and not hear you shout.
Don’t have to change my socks I can wear them inside out
Squeeze toothpaste from the middle, forget to wash the brush
Squash my spuds in my gravey and make them into a mush

I’ll lie in bed fully clothed until good God know when
Drink 12 can of cheap bear then go back to bed again
Don’t have to mow the lawn always found that to be a drag
Don’ have to take the dog for a walk or put his poop in a bag

I can sit in front of the TV with my hands down my pants
And when it comes to scratching I can do just what I wants
I can smoke and drink, fight and cuss, dance all over the place.
And I really do appreciate that you think we need some space.

I love these lyrics hahahaha so creative. I'm working on my entry, songwriting is really hard but it's fun :)

Top Bottom