7th annual Ukulele World Congress - June 5 and 6th. Brown County Indiana

Questions from a first-timer who has been trying to make it for the past four years: OK to drive up to a camping spotor do we pack it in from a parking lot? Camp fires/cooking? Do people buy/sell/trade instruments here? I ask because if they do I'll bring a couple of extra...looking forward to having a good time here and meeting kindred spirits...

Funny, I remember in years past this would grow to be a massive thread. Not so much. Guess facebook has taken over.

Can someone link the official FB page? Thanks.

Questions from a first-timer who has been trying to make it for the past four years: OK to drive up to a camping spotor do we pack it in from a parking lot? Camp fires/cooking? Do people buy/sell/trade instruments here? I ask because if they do I'll bring a couple of extra...looking forward to having a good time here and meeting kindred spirits...

There are places to camp next to your car in the "parking field". Camp fires are fine, but if you ring your fire with rocks, toss them back in the woods before you go home. It's not a commercial event at all, but some individuals will bring a ukulele to sell or trade (businesses/dealers can not do this).

After today, the weather should be great! Next weekend will be hot! -In the upper 80's.

In case there are people who read this forum but don't read the facebook page, I'll be doing a harmonica workshop on Friday at 2pm. It will be near my big white van. I'll have harmonicas available. We'll be using mostly the key of C. I can teach anyone how to play harmonica in less than a minute.

There are places to camp next to your car in the "parking field". Camp fires are fine, but if you ring your fire with rocks, toss them back in the woods before you go home. It's not a commercial event at all, but some individuals will bring a ukulele to sell or trade (businesses/dealers can not do this).

Thank you and thanks for putting this event on. I own a bari, two tenors, and a soprano and would like to turn a tenor into a concert so I'll have one of each size.

Leaving after my daughter gets out of school today at noon!
That was my 1000th post, took me 6 years.

Last edited:
Uwc 2015

It sure was! I hope to stay longer next year.

Best time I've had in a long time. A mini Woodstock. Great weather and wonderful music. Picked up a Chili Uke from Mike and Tootka at Mainland Ukes, cool pepper motif and not a bad player either; weatherproof plastic....hello beach. Got a long-neck pineapple from them also, nicely setup and a bright strummer. The open mike was enjoyed by all...great place to strut your stuff. The 30'+ pillar of flame on the bonfire was impressive...toasty. Thanks to Mike and Tootka for hosting such a great, family friendly party.

Well done

In case there are people who read this forum but don't read the facebook page, I'll be doing a harmonica workshop on Friday at 2pm. It will be near my big white van. I'll have harmonicas available. We'll be using mostly the key of C. I can teach anyone how to play harmonica in less than a minute.

I appreciated you taking the time to explain cross-harp to me. I put my order in for a Hohner Thunderbird in D, I intend to play it Cajun style.

I got home yesterday. Slept today for the first time in bout a week. Great party Mike. This was my first Ukulele event. It was wonderful to be a Uke virgin in Needmore. It was even nicer to meet all my UU friends in the flesh and get to play some music with You'all.

I got home yesterday. Slept today for the first time in bout a week. Great party Mike. This was my first Ukulele event. It was wonderful to be a Uke virgin in Needmore. It was even nicer to meet all my UU friends in the flesh and get to play some music with You'all.

:bowdown: Now if I could just see a few pics!

I feel like I'm on the outside of an inside joke.:pics:

What an amazing weekend. I've said it elsewhere but just wanted to say it here. I flew in from the UK and it was worth every penny, every hour and every mile it took to get there. The vibe is so relaxed and friendly and just awesome.

I was a fan of Mike before I went. I am now in awe. UWC is a brilliant thing and the kindest of gestures on the part of Mainland Mike.

THANK YOU!
See you next year!
:D
maryagnes

:bowdown: Now if I could just see a few pics!

I feel like I'm on the outside of an inside joke.:pics:

I'll bump this one more time just in case anybody can direct me to pics of the UWC. If it is an undisclosed location let me know and I will desist... and kudos to the young lady that did a great cover of White Rabbit

We will go in 2016, but perhaps not camp. It's just too loud to sleep for our family, and sleep is a good thing to have before a big day of uking. Maybe stay in town, which is kind of a shame.

Captain America, try camping on the north field. I am an old guy and need my sleep and that works for me.

Top Bottom