Does an acoustic-electric ukulele sound any different than an acoustic ukulele?

Mannimal

Reaction score
I'm curious as to whether there is any difference when the two aren't plugged in. I know there is a price difference, but is the sound as full in the ukulele with EQ as it is in the other ukulele if they are identical in all other aspects?

I ask this because I am looking to buy another ukulele, and the one I currently have is acoustic-electric, and I want to know how that affects it's sound.

Also, I am looking for advice for what my next ukulele should be. I've been playing for a few years, and I currently have a Luna Solid Top Series Tapa Cedar Concert Ukulele, and I would like to get a better ukulele if possible. I'm not sure of my price range, but I'd classify myself as an intermediate to advanced player, so any advice helps.

Thanks.

Unless the pickup is installed in some really bad way, installing a pickup in a uke - making it acoustic/electric should not affect the sound The simple answer to your question is no difference.

Well, what size are you looking for and what price range - price range will determine recommendations.

There should be no difference.

For your next uke.....need to know what size uke and what your budget is.

Top Bottom