Season 152 "Bring me fun, bring me sunshine,bring me love for Ukey Dave "

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
Hello all, as most of you if not all of you are aware of the sad news that Paul very kindly passed on to us via this forum of the sad passing of Ukey Dave.
I have decided to host this week in honour,in remembrance and to share the joy and love that was ukey Dave.

Rules :-

Basically folks just record any song(s) from Ukey Daves youtube channel.

UkeyDave

RedPauls Playlist of Ukey Dave

No bonuses (as such) just do as many or as few songs as you want.

There will be no prizes this week.

There will be no comments from the host this week, but please feel free to post comments on fellow seasonistas youtube pages (stops the clutter here)

Please feel free to add a memory or anecdote about Ukey Dave in your video if you wish or in your post.

Spread the Love folks, we all never know how long we have on this precious planet, if there is someone you have always admired as a uker or all round good egg, someone who encourages you, etc, etc, send them a PM tell them thanks your swell i love your playing, thanks for being a friend, thanks for encouraging me. you get the idea, no need to let everyone know, but lets spread some sunshine as well as tears for missing a fellow seasonista.

The season starts at well we all know that by now and i cant be doing with all that stuff.

I will attempt to do a play list and try my hardest to update it (work permitting).

Anyway folks raise your ukes, raise a glass sing your hearts out and remember our dear pal and fellow Seasonista Sending our deepest condolences ,wishes and love to Dave's Family and show them how he brought joy to our little seasonista community / family.

playlist

Last edited:
I have put together a playlist of all Dave's publicly listed videos (he also published a number of unlisted videos that are only available if you know where in UU to look - I don't, I'm afraid*). You can find my playlist here.

I have also listed out all of Dave's Seasons' entries in a spreadsheet here, if that helps.

*Edit: AFAIAA, all the unlisted videos seem now to have been tracked down and are included both in the playlist and on the spreadsheet too.

Last edited:
A very special video, Daveey. You are just the right person to host this special week.

Those of you who didn't know Ukey Dave, I invite you to read through a very interesting Season he hosted. It was shortly after his daughter got married, and he asked us to post songs that made us emotional. I thought it was one of the most rewarding Seasons ever.
Ukey Dave's Season 83 — Let’s Get Emotional
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?85842-Season-83&highlight=Season+Ukey+Dave

And I wanted to put this up again—what Dave wrote to me when I thanked him for hosting such a deeply meaningful challenge. It's another view of Dave.

"Ah thank you Ginny… I've taken 3 days annual leave from work so can dedicate all my free time to hosting. I am keen to give it my best and usually if I set my mind to it I can get a bit engrossed in a positive way. This week is exceeding all my expectations and I've been really touched by the entries. This is EXACTLY what I'd hoped for and more. I feel extremely privileged to host. Music has been an enormous source of comfort to me over the past two years, in which time I have lost both parents and given a daughter away. All extremely emotional, and I have come to realise the importance of music.
So thank you...I'm looking forward to having a few more tears this week (in a good, therapeutic way of course). I am a psychology graduate so am very interested in the psychology of music and what it does to us emotionally (hence the theme). Like you say, it engenders love and that is the whole point of this week and of course to have fun too….
Regards
Dave"

Last edited:
Very touching opening video Daveey. You are the right person for this job. I am really looking forward to this celebration. Its going to be another "Lets get Emotional" weeks!

What a deeply touching intro video there Dave...Wish I could give you a hug my friend. Thanks for taking this on, for being a great guy, and let us now raise one for the headless Uker!

Just right Daveey me old mucker.

How many ?

Berni ain't gonna mind if I get the ball rolling...he is probably tired of me over there anyway.
When the spirit hits me, I sing out or act up...
So this.

Reckon this goes here as well- From a bit ago when we first learned the news...and I could not wait. Smile.

Dave sang this song a year ago this week for a season I hosted called Magic and Loss which was a tribute to the musicians who had passed away in the previous calendar year.

It it seemed like a good idea to sing it for him tonight.

Last edited:
Although new to UU, I've been a follower of Ukey Dave for quite some time. This first video is a voice-over of one of Ukey Dave's Season 136 entries. I thought it fitting to see Dave instead of me.

Hi Dave, my name is Popster and I play ukulele, too!

Last edited:
A few stills from some of Dave's videos, with soundtrack from his season 145, "Those Were The Days".

Top Bottom