Brueko?

moetrout

Reaction score
I have a business trip to Germany this, maybe even 2. I want to buy a Brueko ukulele while I am there. I am going to Friedrichshafen Germany. Does anyone know someplace local to Friedrichshafen that I could buy a Brueko? Anyone have any feedback about Bruekos? Models of features you like?

Just got word that I may be going sooner this spring and another trip this fall. The trip this spring, if I do go, would be by myself. This means I could probably arrange to go to the Brueko shop and make my purchase and meet Hubert Pfeiffer. When I emailed them a day ago Hubert was the one that responded and encouraged me to stop in the shop for a tour if I had time. That would indeed be a treat to see the shop and meet the person who actually made the ukulele. Not something we get to do very often.

After more looking I am wondering what the feelings were between the Brueko No. 6 and the No. 6 flat body? I am always after something a little different and that flat body is starting to appeal to me. It is only 2cm less in depth on the body which is only an inch. Has anyone ever had the chance to play both? What are the opinions? With any luck I go to the shop and get to try out both and pick the one I want. If I can't go to the shop then I will pick one and have it shipped to one of my colleagues in Friedrichshafen and get it from them when I get there. Ah, yes, one week to drink beer, get drunk, and break in a brand new uke. I don't know why, but I love to be the first to play them.

Thanks I have seen the shop tour video, the other give a nice sample of what to expect. So you think the action is a little high? I was already thinking of trying to come up with what I think the ideal action for me is, in a measurement, that I could request that he setup for me. I will ask....even if I think he won't do it.

If you get the chance to visit Brüko I would try a few of their "sondermodellen". Sure, they're twice the price of a #6, but their pretty much custom instruments, and the often have bridges with a normal saddle. When I bought mine, they put an extra, lower, saddle in the gig bag, so I could easily lower the action by simply changing the saddles.
The special models have nice wood, often curved back, and are simple but pretty little ukes and still really cheap considering they're practically custom. Or: order a custom uke and pick it up when you're there.
Friedrichshafen - Kitzingen is about 300km one way, so it might be a bit too time consuming while you're there, though.

Have a great trip!

The action on Bruko solid wood bridge is high but perfect for the instrument. Hubert makes them that way for a good reason. I have one of his specials with a removable saddle and has the benefit of lowering the action 1.5mm the instrument is great with either higher or lower saddle. There is discussion about strings Worths, Pyramid whatever. I experimented with my Bruko no.2, I put on ordinary black nylon strings (cheap) and I prefer the softer tone the ukulele gives at the expense of volume....I am great fan of Bruko ukes.

Top Bottom