Season 153 Hands and Feet

I can think of some great songs that fall into this category. Excellent theme bonesoup.
But I'm wondering - is it just feet as in the two feet you walk on? In the US we haven't gotten up to speed yet with the metric system. So we still measure in inches and feet and such. So are songs like Six Feet Under or Ten Feet Tall fair game?

For Season of the Ukulele 153, with “Hands and Feet” as the theme, here’s Badfinger’s “No Matter What”, played on concert ukulele with U-bass and harmony vocal overdub.

And here's an old one. Since you mentioned "Hands across the water" it in your introduction, I thought I'd re-post my rendition of "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" from a couple of seasons ago:

Just to be clear, this is not an entry in this week's contest.

Last edited:
And, I really really really hope all members of our Seasonista Tom Lehrer Club (new members welcome and encouraged!) will do this:

PS: This is also an old one, from Fred's "story song" Season (127).

Last edited:
How long ago Rob, our paths may of crossed, im a Sawbridgeworth boy born and bread lol.

From 1994 to 2004 then I came back to Finland, and I have been here ever since.
I worked at the Wellcome Trust Genome campus out at Stump Cross just off the M11

Geoff: Challenge accepted.

I just couldn't resist adding some tuba again!

This is a song from the de Luxe Version of the new album (Songs of Innocence), it took me a while to get a version I was ok with. This is it ;-).
This is my take on U2's - Lucifers Hands.
[

Old favourite given a new lick of paint. In which a Finnish squirrel attempts
to do a Michael Jackson moonwalk

Last edited:
A Brazilian souvenirs!?!? Wow! How many is a brazilion, anyway? (great content theme, btw!)

It's a few sizes past double D.

CJ I have a solution for you why don't you do a Max Bygraves
You need hands

I saw that there's also a parody called "You Need Feet". Covered by the Rutles! (Their only cover.)

Don't like to hit the send button on this one as I want to keep playing it.

Why not do both? :)

Last edited:
I'd enjoy hearing where you all are performing, if you'd like to share. For example, my living room, my studio, etc.

bird's eye - ipanema - that was great. it made me feel like flying to Rio and walking slowly down the beach path. awesome vibe, well sung.

wee ginga - ipanema - lol! fantastic ending. love the way you sung and played that one. the way the light reflects in your glasses at the end is trippy.

bird's eye - fairy liquid - can i still get that at tesco??

iamnoman - dry bones - i am glad nobody drowned. a fine tale. my wife thinks you look like hemingway!

bird's eye - get your hands - "reach in there and get my wallet. the one that says bad mother****er." love the punk rock. i like right before you kick into the chorus at 2:00.

pabrizzer - take a look - extremely well played overall. i really dig the harp. good melody and lyrics that ring with honesty.

tootler - george formby - since you're a northerner i'd like to mention i'm a fan of the midlands (northampton) accent. formby ruled.

xommen - passenger - are you keeping warm in apeldoorn this time of year? i'm a fan of the original song and you do it well. i like your finger picking. your voice is "bono".

iamnoman - five foot two - your gold tone sounds great. your performance makes me think of sitting on the porch right before sunset, full stomach after dinner.

ukefoote - no matter what - great harmony. love the u-bass. your performance makes me want to dance on the dancefloor.

ukecan1 - me - i know that uke, wendy. cool design. i notice you played some different chords, maybe 6ths and 7ths. i have to think about those too. i like the lyrics and you sang it well.

ukefoote - uncle albert - say what fine taste in music you have sir. great falsetto you've got there. ocean sound effect are awesome. love the breakdown at 1:30. exceptional rhythm throughout.

ukecan1 - hold your hand - good performance! a tasty waltz. that's what your performance makes me think of, dancing a waltz. but then it gets sad :'|

lumpy - five foot two - tune that uke bro. i like your performance and strumming. cool change-up in the middle. your performance makes me think of being in college.

harry - little ukulele - your performance made me think of paul mccartney. great stuff. i love the tuba so much. it makes you rule. excellent accompaniment on the uke.

xommen - lucifer - nodding my head along. i didn't know this song - is it one of their new ones? like your voice on this. good rhythm. yes.

wee ginga - jiggery pokery - man that squirrel got mohawk. what? that ain't no mohawk. that's a double mohawk! love the electronic music on this. this is my favorite ever arrangement of this song. cool vocals too.

frisbee fred - walkin memphis - amazing finger picking. your performance makes me think of hawaii, like duke's bar over looking the beach. good rhythm. vocals fit the song.

tootler - i wanna hold - sweet pterodactyl. your fun performance makes me think of playing soccer as a child and the coach would take the team for ice cream after.

I've got a couple left for Season 152 I want to get out of my system first - but I've already downloaded the sheet music :)
oh tantalising, really!!!!!

I'd enjoy hearing where you all are performing, if you'd like to share. For example, my living room, my studio, etc.

fairy liquid - can i still get that at tesco??
sofa in my living room so far (so far.......... sofa........ so far ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never mind! ;) )

and yes still available if, dare i say it, a little overpriced

may i just say, the season is shaping up WONDERFULLY :rock:

Just making sure you saw these are both songs I did for earlier Seasons, so not entries for this one. They'd have probably been my top choices for this Season otherwise! But since I've already done them, and nothing else is jumping out at me, I'm working on a fun original for you. So thank you for the great theme!

ukecan1 - me - i know that uke, wendy. cool design. i notice you played some different chords, maybe 6ths and 7ths. i have to think about those too. i like the lyrics and you sang it well.

Indeed! Thanks for noticing. My chart for that is here, with all my charts. I learned some new chords for this video - Ab7 (!), to Fm6, plus G7+ (augmented), and a bunch of Cmaj7's. Those last three have become some of my favorite go-to funky chords.

That song was originally planned for my then duo, since the song mentions things like "men toes" and I thought it would be better sung by a guy. I loved the jazzy arrangement I found, and those funky new chords. My duo partner said, "You know, you could take out some of those transitional chords - you don't really need them." To me, those funky jazz chords and cool transitions were some of the coolest things about the song. So, in the end, I let him off the hook and did the song myself ... and added a few extra transitional chords ... because sometimes my ear wants to hear something happening there and I just cannot help myself!

And yeah, that uke is in most of my videos ... it's the only "real" uke I own. So far. :)

ukecan1 - hold your hand - good performance! a tasty waltz. that's what your performance makes me think of, dancing a waltz. but then it gets sad :'|

Yeah, this is one of those songs that sounds like it's going one place ... and then goes somewhere completely different ... and then goes even further beyond where you think that is going. That's why I couldn't resist doing it for "story song" week ... it's one of my all-time favorite story songs, full of surprises in its rather short little tale.

I hope the rest of our Seasonistical Tom Lehrer Club will do it for you ... they have not done this one yet. (We all did two other Tom Lehrer songs for earlier Seasons.)

Top Bottom