i need some help please

Par

Reaction score
Hello

i can't find strings for my honu soprano k-xxx The sound is muffled as the sound of pan and I'd like to sound as clear as possible

Is it a problem with the uke ?

Thanks for your response

What strings do you have on there now?

No string brand listed on their website except under accessories...only ones listed there are Aquila's. I love them on certain ukes, but there are many ukes where they do not bring out the best tone.

I tried savarez, living waters, fremont an worth :(

Sorry - I am confused as to what the problem is?

Are you saying you don't like the other strings you tried? If not, why not?

Sorry, i am not english, it's difficult to explain

All strings i tried give the same results, not enought clear

I would kindly suggest that the strings are not the problem. The sound you are hearing is from the uke itself and you may not be happy with any string chose. Strings can only offer a slightly different sound, not clear up a muddy sound.

Sorry, i am not english, it's difficult to explain

All strings i tried give the same results, not enought clear

Perhaps you re right but i am surprised

koa ukes are not so muffled

Perhaps you re right but i am surprised

koa ukes are not so muffled

There's 3 variables. The strings, the instrument, and the player.
If we assume it's not the player, then it's the strings, or the instrument.

You've tried many different strings, which points toward the instrument.
But there's one more test with the strings that you haven't tried.
Try one of the strings you've already tried, on another uke, and see if it's still dull on that instrument too.
If it rings clear on another uke... I think you can safely say it's not the strings that are the problem but the uke.

At my local store, they had a snail brand koa tenor. It sounded terrible. Muffled muted tones, strung with what I think were aquila nylgut, which is usually loud and bright. So, not all koa ukes are created equal.

At my local store, they had a snail brand koa tenor. It sounded terrible. Muffled muted tones, strung with what I think were aquila nylgut, which is usually loud and bright. So, not all koa ukes are created equal.

I have an Ovation Celebrity guitar with a solid figured koa top. It has a rather muted tone as well - very narrow focus in the mid-highs. Koa does not guarantee a great sounding instrument. No wood does.

IMG_0206.jpg

Top Bottom