NUD: Moore Bettah Day for me!

Congratulations and welcome to the MB family! To me, it is the pinnacle of ukuleles. However, I do have bad news for you- It doesn't seem to cure UAS! Congratulations again and get back to playing it. we expect a sound sample and/or video soon!

I'm pretty sure that it would end my ukulele wanderings, if I were to ever get one. Alas...

That is just fantastic looking and no doubt sounds even better, or is that Bettah :shaka:

Congratulations, I see you are deep within the grasp of UAS. This is good because we love seeing NUDs

Rainer,
This is ridiculously gorgeous. Love the video Len posted of it ... fabulous tone.
Wow.
Congrats.

Congrats, it is beautiful!!! Welcome to the MB family. :)

As for UAS - well it did make me stop playing all my other ukes. But now I would kill for a second one so I have one high g/one low g and I would happily sell my other three ukes to do it. So maybe it just causes MBUAS. :)

Congrats. What a beautiful MB uke. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sweet! Congrats! Hope you enjoy your MB as much as I do mine.

I saw this one on HMS and thought it was just what I would have ordered.... Lovely koa - with interesting sap-wood, sound port, slotted headstock, and not too many adornments - I love and appreciate Mr Moore's inlay work, but I like the way the wood on this one speaks for itself.
So I kept a picture to show Mr Moore on that lucky day when I order my own!!

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments, I am enjoying this very much! Special thanks to my UU friends Len and Stan, who helped me a lot with their advice.

It's important that an instrument feels good in your hands when playing it and the generous radiused binding edges and corners I employ add to that experience. You'll find no sharp corners or edges on my ukes.

I am discovering so many more thoughtful details on this Uke, like that the heel is made to fit perfectly into the palm of my hand when playing the upper frets and that the slim rounded body is sitting perfectly in my lap, enabling an ergonomically correct position.

I'm not equipped for proper recording, but luckily my Uke has been demoed by one of the best:
http://vimeo.com/115899673

Wow, congratulations! It's gorgeous....there's just nothing like the sound of a high end uke like that. Is it a tenor?
I'll be glad when I'm ready to order my new custom uke! The funds just simply haven't arrived yet for a uke like that, but I know what I want that I can afford....it just won't sound like yours....oh well....
Enjoy!

Wow, congratulations! It's gorgeous....there's just nothing like the sound of a high end uke like that. Is it a tenor?
I'll be glad when I'm ready to order my new custom uke! The funds just simply haven't arrived yet for a uke like that, but I know what I want that I can afford....it just won't sound like yours....oh well....
Enjoy!

Yes, it's a Tenor. I hope you will be getting your new custom uke soon. Let us know how it turns out! Always great to see someone's NUD... :)

Sukie, yours is the only case of UAS that I am aware was cured by a MB. Many of us still suffer, so I am going with "coincidence." :)

I concur...Thier is always the want of another MB. different tonewoods etc.

Congrats, you have a great one.

Wow, that is beautiful! Congratulations on your new uke, hope it brings many years of joy.

Top Bottom