Last call for Ukey Dave 'unlisted' videos

redpaul1

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to burn off the final (yeah, :/ ) DVD for Dave's family, containing all the 'unlisted' videos we didn't track down in time for his funeral. If there are any that you know of that aren't on this list that need to be added (if there was a Season you hosted and you remember a Dave video that doesn't feature on the playlist), please do let me know asap. Thanks.

21st Season - UU -(France Week) - No Regrets
23rd Season - UU - (Home Week) - This Ole House
24th Season - UU - (Guilty Pleasures) - Edelweiss
26th Season - UU - (Dreams) - Imagine
29th Season - UU - (Numbers) - The Scientist
31st Season - UU - (Rain) - A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
32nd Season - UU - (British Invasion) - This Boy
34th Season - UU - (I-V-vi-IV) - Price Tag
35th Season - UU - (Tea) Banks of the Ohio (parody)
57th Season - UU - (Songs about Songs) - Rock n Roll Music - Chuck Berry
59th Season - UU - (Time) - Now is the Hour
81st Season - UU - (Pastiches) - Let's have a beer (Enjoy Yourself)
83rd Season - UU - (Let's Get Emotional With Ukey Dave) - Introduction*
83rd Season - UU - (Let's Get Emotional With Ukey Dave) - Closing (Take Two)*
84th Season - UU - (War) - I am not at war with anyone
118th Season - UU - (Puppets) - Naked Puppet - Original
119th Season - UU- Crazy Words Crazy Tune (Vindaloo)
135th Season - UU - (Pet Sounds) - Sloop John B (in a minor key)*
135th Season - UU - (Pet Sounds) - How Much Is That Doggy In The Window?*
136th Season - Nifty Fifties (Diana)
136th Season - Nifty Fifties (Peggy Sue)
136th Season - Nifty Fifties (Kansas City)
142nd Season - UU (5hr Energy Plink) - Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built For Two)
147th Season - UU - (Baby BEV's late 1960's Uke Party) - There's A Kinda Hush

* I was able to catch Dave's each of Dave's two entries for Seasons 83 & 135 respectively (and his 'Join the Seasons' video) in time to put on DVD 8.

It was Linda L who came up with the idea for this project and who got the ball rolling. BDU put in a massive shift to break the back of the task by downloading over half of Dave's videos in one single stint. CJ, Myrna, & wee_ginja_yin finished off the rest. I was just the last guy in the chain. But once again, thanks to you all. The support and encouragement we received from all of you helped to get this thing through, regardless of whether you were able to be involved with the downloading or not.

And the reason it was me last in the chain was I'd left a PM with Dave wishing him a Merry Christmas†. When his family came to start clearing his apartment, they found his laptop 'sleeping'. When they opened it up, it was still logged into UU, where they found my PM and replied - Charlotte's message letting me know Dave had died was still headed "Merry Christmas."

Krabbers told me this story on the way back from Leicester.

If it had been your message waiting for Dave, you'd be the one looking to burn off this DVD.

gosh what a story. what if his laptop hadn't been sleeping? would dave's family have known how loved he was here on the seasons? would we have gotten to hear about what happened?

I've mentioned this one a couple of times, but it still hasn't made the list:
Season 113 - Fooled Around and Fell in Love

Thanks for that. I must have missed it when you mentioned it. I did ask peeps at the time to PM me if they found something missing from the list, but got no takers. Figured everyone missed that too, hence the new thread. Downloading it now. Will add soonest. Laughing at the intro - and the outro. No wonder he wanted this one unlisted :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I must have missed it when you mentioned it. I did ask peeps at the time to PM me if they found something missing from the list, but got no takers. Figured everyone missed that too, hence the new thread. Downloading it now. Will add soonest. Laughing at the intro - and the outro. No wonder he wanted this one unlisted :)

Yeah, I posted a whole story about that one ... on, I think, two different UkeyDave threads ... when we first found out. I was planning to do the same song (and did, soon after), but I love it - in fact, we still do it at our jam group nearly a year later - it's a fun song! I teased Dave about his attitude toward the song. We had some fun banter back and forth about it. It's my second favorite UkeyDave memory. (After suggesting "Joe Van Gogh" to him for art week, when he couldn't find anything he liked, and didn't like anything else suggested to him ... and he loved that one, and then covered a second Dan Bern song. That's when I first got to know Dave - we messaged back and forth a bunch that week. I think you have both those already?)

Hey, Paul - when the family are talking about "deactivating" Dave's accounts - I hope they don't mean deleting them, do they? Are you in touch with them about their plans for that? I was a bit concerned when I saw that ... I would hate to see UkeyDave and all his posts ... and the threads he started! (Season 83! "Seasonistas, I want to know your name" - which is still active) ... go away altogether. That would be tragic.

I didn't know UkeyDave, but I think what the Seaonistas have done for his family is phenomenal. I sure hope his family leaves all his YouTube videos up. His videos are awesome, and a great contribution to the uke world.

It was Linda L who came up with the idea for this project and who got the ball rolling. BDU put in a massive shift to break the back of the task by downloading over half of Dave's videos in one single stint. CJ, Myrna, & wee_ginja_yin finished off the rest. I was just the last guy in the chain. But once again, thanks to you all. The support and encouragement we received from all of you helped to get this thing through, regardless of whether you were able to be involved with the downloading or not.

And the reason it was me last in the chain was I'd left a PM with Dave wishing him a Merry Christmas†. When his family came to start clearing his apartment, they found his laptop 'sleeping'. When they opened it up, it was still logged into UU, where they found my PM and replied - Charlotte's message letting me know Dave had died was still headed "Merry Christmas."

Krabbers told me this story on the way back from Leicester.

If it had been your message waiting for Dave, you'd be the one looking to burn off this DVD.

I am so glad that you were the one that PMd him. Someone in the same country as the family to take this on. Things happen for a reason and I don't know if anyone else would have taken on this project as seriously and with as much heart as you Paul. We are all grateful for you and for this huge effort.

Thank You <hugs>

I just check season 119. Didn't think to do this earlier but there are two unlisted vids that are real gems:)

And vindaloo

Everyone that has hosted please go back to your seasons and check one more time. It would be a shame for the family to not have this vid. You may have the same hiding in your past season.

Thank You:)

Last edited:
Do you have all his collaborations on Bandhub?? http://bandhub.us/UkeyDave

I never even heard of Bandhub till just this minute! <tck>This is gold</tck>

That gave me two bonuses from Season 125... greenie44, I'm looking at you!

But seriously folks, if you ever hosted a Season, do go back & look through your 'bonus' playlists, and see if you can't find something.

Last edited:
Dave's beloved Leicester City pulled off an amazing Cup upset today, winning away at Tottenham Hotspur. I daresay UkuleleeDaveey will also be pleased.

Tottenham 1-2 Leicester City: last gasp Schlupp stuns Spurs

Anyway, please, please, please, if you have hosted a Season, can you check your bonus playlists to see if there's something there from Dave that we haven't yet got listed.

I'm not sure how to check but did you get the other entry from him for season 118? He put in an original (that you have) and a parody only...this one,

I'm not sure how to check but did you get the other entry from him for season 118? He put in an original (that you have) and a parody only...this one,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El7o_ea9lKE&index=6&list=PLyCDBKd_O5gCJ0K_e8OX_ZcXvP7ZhE7uf

Thanks for looking this one out, Janet. If you want to check what we do have, you can look through the playlist I created. I referenced it the OP at the top of this thread, but here it is again: Ukey Dave YT Playlist.

Last night I added another 9 videos to the playlist. Two bonuses from Season 125, one entry each from Seasons 126 & 139, and 5 collaborations - with myrna, pa, tck, linda l, and lynda b, respectively. Admittedly they were all mentioned in the Ukey Dave, but no-one mentioned to me that they weren't on the playlist. I do appeal to everyone, don't assume that because you've posted a link to a video, or even referred to one's existence, that I've seen the link or tracked down the reference. Please do let me know if there's anything you think I may have missed.

Last edited:
Dave's beloved Leicester City pulled off an amazing Cup upset today, winning away at Tottenham Hotspur. I daresay UkuleleeDaveey will also be pleased.

Tottenham 1-2 Leicester City: last gasp Schlupp stuns Spurs

<A little OT>
Boro' did the same beating Man City 2-0 away

What about Bradford beating Chelsea 4-2! Mourinho is not a happy bunny :rofl:
</A little OT>

You've already picked up the unlisted one from my "War" season.

<A little OT>
Boro' did the same beating Man City 2-0 away
</A little OT>
You've already picked up the unlisted one from my "War" season.
<OT>
Well played the 'Boro! It was a day of upsets, wasn't it? Man Utd's draw away to Cambridge Utd's starting to look not so bad now, is it? :)
</OT>

I have indeed, thanks. If there are any others you can come up with - you know where I am!

Top Bottom