Kala Elite

I'm glad this thread is still going. I think in two tears Kala Elite has come a long way and proven themselves in quality and sound I've only heard them on HMS videos but would but one for sure. I keep watching for a spruce top. Can't wait to find a store in my travels to play one if I haven't already bought one. Oh ya, and Corey is a Kala artist. He has his own model. Buff said. I don't worry about resale. I like what they are doing. Keep it up Kala with you Elite.

I'd buy a Kala Elite if they made them with a slotted headstock. I tried a few at my local store and thought they were great. They have cheaper Kalas with slotted headstocks, but why not elites?

I was watching some eBay pics of a basic Kala Elite soprano, and it reminded me of my white label Kamaka, all koa, plain, 12 fret board, just a basic tone machine, but more perfectly made. I own (among others) a Kala travel soprano, which is my workhorse and serves me well. When I would run into a great sounding Kala Elite I wouldn't mind upgrading while keeping with the brand. BTW, saw some cheapos on eBay lately. Also saw some less than ideal video's. Still have no clue how good they really are.

I was one of the ones on here that got the Kala ASOV soprano (normally $200-$300) at a bargain price from Overstock.com's eBay site. I have to admit that Kala was not on my radar until I played this one and liked it so well.

So, if it was in the $800 - $1,000 range I would definitely consider it with comparably priced K brands.

Dang. My plan to snatch one of these with a last minute bid on Ebay was foiled by my crazy work day.
Did anyone here get one of the three sold by Riff Music today (new instruments, shopworn and listed as "used")?
The 2Koa sop with fancy appointments was especially appealing with a sell price at $400+, but also for the price, also the 1Koa concert ($400+) and soprano ($300+).
I actually was prepared to go up another hundred from there for those sopranos (great case too).

My interest also was piqued by the little Kala KA-ASOV-S purchased on close-out, whose sound continues to knock my socks off...

Last edited:
Dang. My plan to snatch one of these with a last minute bid on Ebay was foiled by my crazy work day.
Did anyone here get one of the three sold by Riff Music today (new instruments, shopworn and listed as "used")?
The 2Koa sop with fancy appointments was especially appealing with a sell price at $400+, but also for the price, also the 1Koa concert ($400+) and soprano ($300+).
I actually was prepared to go up another hundred from there for those sopranos (great case too).

My interest also was piqued by the little Kala KA-ASOV-S purchased on close-out, whose sound continues to knock my socks off...

This is kind of tragi-comical, as I had a similar experience. I was ready for a last minute bid when my computer froze! The clock merrily ticked away while I was performing a hard shutdown and a startup. All was lost when I had to log in to eBay again. I was after the plain soprano. It went for just $304 or so... Lucky winner. I blew my cool, my daughter getting angry at me.. These Kalas have my interest, especially the plain ones, they remind me of white label Kamaka simplicity. Let's trust that there are some good ones out there waiting for us...

Top Bottom