Fleffikon "Aurora" on soundcloud

UkeFoote

Reaction score
Hey gang-
UkeFoote here. Just wanted to announce the birth of Fleffikon's first release, an eight song demo ep titled "Aurora", which you can hear at soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/fleffikon/sets/fleffikon-aurora

Fleffikon (of Portland Oregon)makes electro-acoustic folk music. The members are the father/daughter team of Brian Fergus (ukulele and singing) and Anais Lowe (electronics) We are sometimes joined by Borfus Wallaby (Ubass).

The Aurora ep is a collection of eight songs from the popular music tradition, performed on baritone ukulele, electronic pianica, and Ubass.

I'd love it if you could find the time to check us out!

Oi loike it. Oi'll giv'it foive!

Peeps, I've had this one rotation for about an hour or so and it is possibly the most eclectic selection of songs I've ever seen on one album. Yet they all complement each other perfectly. I particularly enjoyed the Leonard Cohen cover, but to follow that with a Grateful Dead number was inspired.

That Cohen song took me back and just reminded me how much Black humour Cohen put into his music.
THe audio quality is exceptionally good. I am always listening to hiss, scratches and bumps in my own
recordings and painfully try to get rid of them, but these recording are pristine pure. Very professional.

There is some beautiful music in this set UkeFoot. I generally find it easier to find good quality music on SoundCloud, than the ever popular YT. Perhaps because people spend less time editing video and more time on the music?

This is excellent Brian with some sensational vocals. Do yourself a favour guys and give it a listen or 12! And it's free :)

Peeps, I've had this one rotation for about an hour or so and it is possibly the most eclectic selection of songs I've ever seen on one album. Yet they all complement each other perfectly. I particularly enjoyed the Leonard Cohen cover, but to follow that with a Grateful Dead number was inspired.

REALLY nice comment Paul. I am so happy you appreciate the record. Thanks A TON!!!!!

That Cohen song took me back and just reminded me how much Black humour Cohen put into his music.
THe audio quality is exceptionally good. I am always listening to hiss, scratches and bumps in my own
recordings and painfully try to get rid of them, but these recording are pristine pure. Very professional.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, Rob (I think that's your name- sorry if I flubbed it!). It really means a lot to me to hear that you enjoyed it, and thought it sounded good. Though they're simple arrangements and performances, it takes a lot of time to tweak them up to sounding good all together on the same record.

That sounds fantastic Brian! You sound just like Jerry on Black Peter. I'm so impressed.

Thanks, Sean. Yeah I couldn't do that song without affecting a bit of a Jerry voice (hope he's not rolling over too much!).

I'm really happy you took the time to listen and comment, buddy.

This is excellent Brian with some sensational vocals. Do yourself a favour guys and give it a listen or 12! And it's free :)

Mike - thanks for so much encouragement. You are one of the great good guys of the Seasons! I'm really grateful you listened and made such a gracious comment.

Listening as I type now (I'm up to Black Peter). Superb!!! And as someone has mentioned the quality of the recording is excellent. I can barely wait for the ENO track his mid-late 70s albums were masterpieces IMHO.

Hi Brian, I just checked out " Aurora"...have not listened to everything yet as I typed this, but I just want to tell you how impressed I am with what I have heard...I have created an account over there to follow you. Will listen to it again....need to go to bed now....LOVE the Cohen's track.....your singing is awesome....Oh the Grateful Dead track....Love the electronics sounds.....WONDERFUL everything........The painting of the 2 children under the tree...I guess that's the cover art...I love that...Very lovely....

Listening as I type now (I'm up to Black Peter). Superb!!! And as someone has mentioned the quality of the recording is excellent. I can barely wait for the ENO track his mid-late 70s albums were masterpieces IMHO.

Thanks Berni - you are so positive and supportive - I appreciate it so much - Yeah I am a HUGE Eno guy... I love those mid late 70s records. I'm working on a full length Eno cover CD as we speak (out in May for BE's birthday) BTW your disc is on its way.

Hi Brian, I just checked out " Aurora"...have not listened to everything yet as I typed this, but I just want to tell you how impressed I am with what I have heard...I have created an ACCOUNT over there to follow you. Will listen to it again....need to go to bed now....LOVE the Cohen's track.....your singing is awesome....Oh the Grateful Dead track....Love the electronics sounds.....WONDERFUL everything........The painting of the 2 children under the tree...I guess that's the cover art...I love that...Very lovely....

Thank you Joo. Yes the cover was painted by Michelle Guthrie (a very talented unknown who lives in LA).. the moment I saw it in her studio I knew that had to be the cover for the CD. I'm so glad you listened and enjoyed the music, and I'll just take this opp to mention what a great part of the Seasons you've become in just a month. you've made a great impression on us all with your wonderful playful style and friendly positive dialogue!

I got as far as "Echoes" and was very impressed by what I heard both the arrangements and the quality of the recordings. I only stopped because I was going out and I will try and listen to the rest later. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom