<$400 Super Concert?

steel rider

Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of a long neck concert that I don't really need. The Pineapple Pono Concert on HMS for I think $315 before pickup install is to blame for setting my imagination in gear.

Can folks recommend super (tenor neck) concerts? I'm not a K brand or custom guy due to price, but I like solid woods.

Thanks!

Email Kevin at Cocobolo Ukuleles and try one of his Super Concerts - it's in the middle of the standard concert and tenor scales, unlike most super concerts, at 16&1/6"
With shipping, it falls one dollar short of your price range haha. ($379 w/ $20 ship)

Yep that's on my list.

Thanks!

Email Kevin at Cocobolo Ukuleles and try one of his Super Concerts - it's in the middle of the standard concert and tenor scales, unlike most super concerts, at 16&1/6"
With shipping, it falls one dollar short of your price range haha. ($379 w/ $20 ship)

Thanks guys. The Mele looks nice but the Pono is speaking to me, especially with a hard case and passive pickup (or do I spring for MiSi?) delivered for under $400 with what I hear is one of the best setups in the industry. And I like Pono. I'd pay more if there was a Deluxe version but seems there is not.

I'm ok with passive pickups, especially since I bought one of the Behringer V Tone ADI21 Acoustic Drivers. That Pono's a hard deal to pass up. Congrats

I'm toying with the idea of a long neck concert that I don't really need. The Pineapple Pono Concert on HMS for I think $315 before pickup install is to blame for setting my imagination in gear.

Can folks recommend super (tenor neck) concerts? I'm not a K brand or custom guy due to price, but I like solid woods.

Thanks!

Ohana makes a long neck concert, all solid mahagony:

http://www.ohana-music.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29808

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMgbRqu0fWY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIM-Ohana-L...Mahogany-Setup-Ukulele-Uke-x234-/171419723916

Hi everybody. It looks like I am late to the party as I just stumbled along this post tonight. Steel Rider, did you end up going with the Pono? If so, what are your thoughts overall? What do you like, and how would you improve it if you could? We are always looking for ways to take our ukuleles to the next level, so if any of you have any ideas I would love to hear them. Many of the improvements that we have made recently have been ideas that have come from customers who are in the know, so don't be shy. I always love meaningful input and feedback.

Here are a couple of pictures of Jim Hanks' Super Concert #001 for you to check out:

SC #001 2.jpg

SC #001 8.jpg

SC #001 12.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everybody. It looks like I am late to the party as I just stumbled along this post tonight. Steel Rider, did you end up going with the Pono? If so, what are your thoughts overall? What do you like, and how would you improve it if you could? We are always looking for ways to take our ukuleles to the next level, so if any of you have any ideas I would love to hear them. Many of the improvements that we have made recently have been ideas that have come from customers who are in the know, so don't be shy. I always love meaningful input and feedback.

Here are a couple of pictures of Jim Hanks' Super Concert #001 for you to check out:

View attachment 79417

View attachment 79418

View attachment 79419

That's a beautiful ukulele. I did buy the Pono and I love it. I can't say what I'd do to improve it besides learn how to play better!

Top Bottom