Stomp Box?

Depends a lot on the Amp. I have a decent one, but on a mediocre amp, it doesn't sound like much. It sounds much better on my Peavey 12" bass amp though. Not sure an active system would help since "nearly all" of them, including some high end models are passive. Doesn't mean it wouldn't sound better to my ears though. If used a stomp box, foot bass, etc. a lot, especially for open mics, I'd get a light weight but decent quality bass amp just for it if I didn't already have a suitable amp for it on stage.

I should clarify that I've got a stomp box that I bought a few years ago. It is just a box with a pickup and a jack. It does not work very well. It needs a hard kick with a hard shoe. If I got another one I want to be sure that it will actually work and will be sensitive to my soft sole shoes.

At the risk of asking a rather obvious question; have you thought of attaching something solid to the sole of your shoe so the sound is louder when you tap the box with your foot? You might try tapping the box with a piece of wood or tin and see if the sound improves. It might be worth your effort to make something you can slip onto your shoe with a rubber band.

Top Bottom